If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace - Thomas Paine
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Nuclear War

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Nuclear War
I was wondering the other day if a Nuclear war will actually ever happen. With the amount of firepower there is out there these days the world could be destroyed in a matter of hours.

I don't understand what the point of using these bombs would accomplish. To take over the world? To actually destroy the world? Well of course the sole reason these days is just plain tactics.

BUT, what if one government was Hi-jacked and sent one flying into the USA of some other major country. Do they immediately retaliate? Well yah the Americans will , its in their nature to do so. But the real question is....what would the rest of the world do if they were bombed? What would their reaction be?

If they did retaliate their is no logical reason for them to do so. Would they justify it by "they killed a bunch of our innocent victims now we have to go and kill a bunch of their people so we feel better? " Why not just bomb the whole government structure, It was them and them only not the public that went and sent off that first bomb.

Why would we destroy so much of the world in one fucking shot? We are doing a good enough at that right now by not using nuclear bombs, but that's a whole other topic.

I guess the whole point in this thread is...I don't understand the reason for actually having nuclear bombs. Not even as a scare tactic.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If there wasn't a nuclear war during the cold war I don't think it will happen now. The reason this never occurred was because of one tactic. Assured mutual annihilation. What that meant was both countries would be destroyed in the event of a nuclear strike. So, what is the point of nuclear weapons? Simply that. If you bomb us we'll bomb you.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that RocketTed is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Nuclear war would result in M.A.D. -Mutually Assured Destruction. Remember the movie Wargames in the 1980's. To attack any nation or to be attacked would result in us or the other nation (russia for example) sending so many warheads back to completly and utterly destroy them, thus other nations allied with the nuked nation would then have to attack the instigator. this cycle would contiue until all peoples of the earth were destroyed and life would have to start over again. by the way read "by the waters of babylon." good read.

"Bad things to hear in a submarine: "Captain, the flooding put out the fire!!""
Nuclear War
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy