Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

More guys than girls on these forums...why?

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Top 6- no females
Next 6- 2 females
Next 6- 3 females

Of the top 18 active posters, 5 are females. Any guess as to why there are more male active posters than female?

I don't think there's a definite answer, but I'd like to see what you can come up with.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The topics perhaps appeal more to men...

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • F •
Decius, men are just as focused on being "stupid yogurt heads" as women, just in different ways.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • F •
What are you basing your claims on?

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Calm down Attolia what Decius says is true. Name something a woman has invented. The over whelming majority of it is men. But, it's not their fault. Men historically have been more encouraged to think innovatively where as women have been more encouraged to be house wives.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with you Attolia. There is no definite answer, because this site is far from being statistically representative of a true population.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Das Kapital is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I also believe that guys, in general, are more likely to think in revolutionary ways than women.

I agree

"To wish for death is a coward's part." [Timidi est optare necem.] Ovid"
 36yrs • F •
Makes sense (repeating again that it's still a very idealistic claim, as you said.) But I would, for the sake of being politically correct, like to see some basis for those claims besides inductive reasoning.

This is going off the main topic, but I'm interested to see what answers I receive:

Do you see a girl/woman less capable than a guy/man in terms of intellectual pursuits (or so incorrectly bur popularly stated, "being smart)?

This question is directed to everyone.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I personally have never met a girl that had the power to think as abstractly as I can. Then again, I haven't met any guys that could do it either.

Girls, I find, are more likely to stop thinking on a certain subject because it will either make them uncomfortable, or angry, or something along those lines. Not saying that guys don't do it, I just think girls are more prone to. Girls are generally more emotional and they general embrace that.
Some guys are kinda cold and will deal with anything.

Perhaps that because guys are some what stronger on an emotional level...

Nah.

I honestly have'nt been to enough places to make an adiquite statement, but so far, I have found that women are less willing to talk about something hurtful.

But maybe that because women have been hurt more?

I mean, my grandpa will NOT talk about certain things. he is an idiot. Not trying to insult him, he's just not that smart.

And I see girls that do the same thing. Maybe it just takes men longer to be sacred?

Maybe that is where the whole "women mature faster" things comes into play..

Maybe its not matureity, but perhaps they scared/insecure faster than men do, so they are less likely to talk about things, think about things, that offend them.
And because they have had this extreme lack of abstract thinking practice, they are less able to think in revolutionary ways..

Wow. That was pretty out there. Even for me.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Durring my time in middle school we, the honors students, had the same math teacher for all three years. We grew together in the group of 20ish students in the class and most of us stay in contact. Now as for the ratio of girls to guy in the class we were outnumberd 3 to 1. However, ignoring the lack of motivation, all the males were drastically more intellegent than the females. This group also shared many of the same classes and myself with several other of the males in our math class were the top students in the school for ALL areas.

Overall it appears that women are generally smarter than men or should I say better students.. . while males have a larger range of intellegence. It seems the notion to trully learn is found more in men than women. This site is, imho, for intellectuals and real thinkers. I believe men are more prone to be such and so you see the numbers of active people on CC to be male.

Men will claim the buttom and the top of the intelligence pole.

"Dark and silent and complete."
 35yrs • M •
"Using high school as a meter to determine a girl's intelligence versus guys is irrational." It isn't irrational, it's insufficient. But so is any one else's claim to some degree. I'm not saying I'm right.

"In high school women are far more insecure than men are and are pushed that way by the close proximity of social interraction." And what stops them after highschool?

"Given similar scenarios (a room filled with women and a few guys) such as home economics, you would easily find the women surpassing the men at everything they do." Yes to a degree I'll agree because I feel that the men in the class wouldn't be interested in doing well in it. If so I believe the men could do equally as well.

35yrs • M •
Talking to you is like talking to a wall.

"I never said you were right." No shit.
Had you said I was right and I thought I was right do you believe I'd have defended myself and better tried to convey my thoughts even though they seemed to come acrossed succesfully?! Start thinking please.

"I am saying the basis of your insuficient claim is rationally skewed for easy to see reasons which makes it less valid." It is no more skewed than any one elses claim. No one will fully know if there is any real reason for more men being on CC. To make any claim and believe it to be sufficiently supported is foolhardy. Too many variables in human behavior and thought acrossed the world to take any number of them and believe statistics are correct.

"Men being interested in it or not is irrelevent. It's the need to compete that is the point." If one isn't interested one isn't feeling the need to compete. If you feel the need to compete then you will be interested yes? It isn't just competition with peers that drive people as you are making it out to be.

"But this was all implied by my last post. There is no need to qualify it." Modifying your meaning is part of communication. If you don't feel the need to communicate with me then don't respond directly to my posts.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Setsu is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I say it has little to do with gender these days and more to do with how the person grew up. More to do with nurture(sp?), not nature.

""Life without knowledge is like death in disguise..." - MC HP"
[  Edited by Setsu at   ]
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that spiderz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
itz true u no, i go 2 a girls only school, and it is really hard to get a good converstation out of ppl. and there's no reason for other girls to get offended, im not saying girls cant think, i mean if u put them into those kind of conversations, they could come out with some really good answers, itz just that, not many do. maybe itz coz not many are intrested in the topics discussed here at CC.

"There is a thin line between bravery and stupidity"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
U know, girls shame us guys, whilst we sit around thinking and talking they get on with the doing. Girls think within the box more than us generally; if we had more balls to get out and and put our words into practice there would be no argument. But generally speaking; we don't.

""No words""
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy