Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I Wrote Something

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I Wrote Something
quote:
Ok - I'm writing something:

Most companies today are multi national, meaning, if America goes bankrupt, who cares, they'll still be profitable. While the Republicans in power are kissing their butt, I remember a time when the Democrats did the same. Things however are worse now then they ever have been, this isn't just happening all over again. In the past we had a media who actually reported the news and now we have a bought and sold media who censors the news. In the past we had powerful unions and consumer groups lobbing for the people, now they are small clubs with squeaky voices. The ACLU is still luke warm but hardly what it was. What has happened? We the people have given up. The TV has taught us that we can have a Coke and a smile. Only until our neighbor is taken during the night will we start to believe and then, only if the news reports it. Because if it isn't on TV, it isn't so.

Power corrupts - They probably didn't teach that in school - so I'm telling you now, I learned it in the Navy. It seems our forefathers new, designing our government so as to not allow for a dictatorship. So how did this get forgotten; what made us just start trusting big business and government with all power, allowing checks and balances to go by the way side? Its the story of Hansel and Gretel and The Gingerbread House. They got us inside, made us fat, now we're ready for the slaughter, ready to be eaten. No you say, Hansel and Gretel escaped.

They call me a liberal - I still don't know what that means or why I should be ashamed, but I tell you what, I'll bow my head in shame just as soon as you get your head out of your ass and pay attention to what's going on around here.

No one here that I can remember has ever called me a liberal, but at e-thepeople and especially at military.com - they call me that and more, but some people like me. By the way, fewer people insult me - so people are seeing the power of Dark Side. : )

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
I Wrote Something
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy