The difference between McHollywood and McDonalds: McHollywood is big on recycling. - Chained Wings
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Weird things you do when you stay up too late

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm talking about really weird things, like hallucinate, and the regular, out of time things, like walk in freezing rain.

My mind feels different after midnight...I think and feel differently. Does anyone else feel this way?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I used to work 1am-9am and I had hallucinations for about a week until I got into the routine. I remember asking questions to people who weren't really there, or thinking things were falling when they weren't. It was quite an interesting experience; my favourite though was the trance states that resulted periodically. Like being able to fall asleep while walking 20 feet, or to wake up and find you hadn't stopped working.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sometimes when I've had a bunch of bad nights of sleep I think can see something in the corner of my eye and of course I would look directly at it and see nothing. Sometimes my head starts spinning but nothing really major I'd say ever happens.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Play around with salt peter and flour since your friend convinced you it would be fun. Also start talking to your walls becouse you thought there was something there. Hey affter about 24 hours or so with no sleep I start doing very strange stuff.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have masturbation/Conan O'Brian marathons.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mindfields19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Long story, but it pertains to the thread so I thought I would post it here.

Sleep has always been a problem for me, in more than a few ways. I wouldn't wish what I have been through at night on the most hateful person on earth. I haven't slept well since I was very, very young, maybe 4 or 5 years old. At that age, I started having Rolandic spikes (a childhood Epilepsy disorder). If you have ever had a seizure you know just how frightening they are, and as a child having them three to four times a week was quite a test of strength. I convinced myself that I was having nightmares because I had no idea what else to call them. Then one night I fell asleep in the movie theater with my mother, and she witnessed me having a seizure. I was medicated for Epilepsy from age 6 to age 12. Luckily, Rolandic seizures end at the onset of puberty. I was very lucky, but the anxiety about having a seizure lingered on throughout my school days.

This anxiety and a combination of classic ADHD became quite a problem in high school. I began only waking up briefly during the night, and eventually that became hourly. Around my junior year of high school I was getting less than three hours a night, and still functioning. I started staying up later because I decided that going to sleep only to wake up constantly was a complete waste of time (big mistake). Soon enough I found myself unable to sleep, period.

A single night of no sleep started turning into two and three. This is when the craziness began. Hallucinations. Keep in mind, I am no angel. If anyone has been keeping track of my threads, I was (still in some aspects) involved with a particularly risky group of partiers in high school. My curious nature lead me into some nasty habits. At first it was all fun and games, until I started having frequent panic-attacks. I realized how risky the bad habits were, given my past Epileptic experience, so that part of my life was out the window quickly. Then on an ordinary night of zero sleep, I had an insomnia induced panic-attack, including hallucinations. I finally went to a doctor about it. Oddly enough, he prescribed me Adderall. I thought that he was crazy because I knew kids who took Adderall and stayed up as much as I did. Luckily, Adderall actually worked for me. More focus, less anxiety, and full nights of sleep.

I do worry about the affects of all of this, including the Adderall, but for now I feel a lot healthier.

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
[  Edited by mindfields19 at   ]
 36yrs • M •
Axe_Strings18 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I sometimes think I see a cat staring at me out of the corner of my eye when I stay up late.

"There's A picture of the prophet Muhammad on the back of my shirt...Just Kidding, Praise Allah. (Please Don't Kill Me)"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that spiderz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
u no if i met u (axe..) in real life id jam a heel up ur ass 4 that quote u loser.

"There is a thin line between bravery and stupidity"
 69yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that willowwater is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I get what your saying. After a certain time of night there is a change of some sort. My theory is that it has something to do with the fact that the majority of people, for miles around, are asleep at the same time. As I believe that we are all linked to a global/community consciousness, when everyone elses consciousness enters the astral/dream plane, part of our consciousness goes with them, which is why we feel and think differently. I love that feeling, especially between 5 and 6am, (which I'm assuming is the time where the greatest number of people are not only asleep but are having dreams) I find it to be the most magical time of the day. Then the sun starts to come up, bringing colour to the world, and slowly the feeling of normality begins to kick back in, because everyone is waking up, and the collective consciousness shifts back into the physical world for another 16 hours or so. I guess that's why some people are nocturnal, as they prefer the feeling of living in a reality which feels like that.

That's just my theory though. but I'd be really be interested to hear another theory.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I usually put on a play list in windows media player and just watch the visualizations the entire time and I can actually see what every sound is making. It's really trance-like after a few songs.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i start to see things out of the coner of my eyes it is like a black cloud watching me. Also when looking at text i it blurs leaving me unable to see sfor sometime. I also start to get head aches.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy