You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it - The Clash
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

what defines life - Page 2

User Thread
 49yrs • M •
Geddy Lifeson is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Life sucks.... and then you die!

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Disenchanted is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
...So smoke it, toke it, and never ask why!

Yeah sorry.

I would define life as... a course of events [working toward an end?]. So basically what heyjme1 said, but much less eloquent.

36yrs • M •
darkangelwolf is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
define life as a game of risk, what is there to it if u dont have fun with will u can

"life is like bull riding, we can get bucked off, but we get right back on and do it over and over"
 35yrs • M •
Mind_of_Life is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
listen....i think that is scripted...because...to me (if you believe in god) god already knows our next move...so in all actuality, unless i miss the big picture of it all, we hav no true free will....there is no random to god cause it is known before it is done...so life is what is on gods blueprint...it is a plan...lik a box that we cant get out of but only think about it...<< no real out of the box thinkin...only those who see life as it is...and those who are blind...with no realization who no productive thinkin only dissolve themselves in the materialistic things that control earth....but in the same thought...we are all equal in the end...

-peace

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
why should God know the future?or rather how, as the future doesn't exist.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • M •
Mind_of_Life is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
God created all there is ...and all there is to be...his power is beyond any human comprehension...cause the HUGE difference between us and God is....we hav brains and limits.....God created the brain he created life period....gravity, thoughts, pain, all emotion....he did it all....he can do w/e the f*** he wants.....being that we are humans and we hav limits....we lack the capibility to understand all of Gods powers....mostly b/c almost all of them are impossible for us to do....we are jus mere humans...to say that God couldnt do sumthin is a joke...b/c what can we do lol.....

-peace

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Disenchanted is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Call me crazy, but I think the concept of a "creator" is silly. I don't mean to hijack the topic but I'd just like to briefly state my current view on this.

I think everything is just a loop; no creation, but no lack of creation either. Everything exists simultaneously, and every moment is eternity. It just "is." How that's possible is beyond the mind (as we know it, at least)'s ability to grasp, but like I said, it just "is."

But there's a 90% chance I'm full of it.

35yrs • M •
^^^^^^^ lol....i like you .....lol

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't think there is a definition that will explain life completely.
There is just to much.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
listen....i think that is scripted...because...to me (if you believe in god) god already knows our next move...so in all actuality, unless i miss the big picture of it all, we hav no true free will
Actually that is not true. If God knows what you are going to choose to do tomorrow, that does not mean he programmed you to do it does it? It is like watching a movie twice. You know what is going to happen at the end the second time but you didnt cause it to end that way did you.

Also you misunderstand a vital piece of God's nature. God does not exist in a space time continuum. He dwells outside of time. There is no future or past with God. AoD this should shed some light on your statement.

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"what is the meaning of life?"

Maybe you're just asking the wrong question? Which is continuing yourself in the wrong direction for truth...

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 35yrs • M •
listen...that shed no light to any thing...you are looking at things through a very fundamental POV....your thinkin to small about the situation by even comparing life to a movie....we dont hav the kind of knowledge to understand or interpert the way God handles his skills.....were jus humans......................how about....the meaning of life?........... is to figure out the meaning of life....

-???pshhh???

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gari is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I can't stand people like you.
First of all: If god exist he would make sure your typing isn't so fucked
2nd: god doesn't exist
3: No1 can see the future or sthe past, because time is absolute.
4: god doesn't exist.
5: definition of life = when your body is able to breath, think etc. Life in a more abstract point of view is meaningless. Life has no purpose, but when we are happy we don't care about the purpose of life. This doesn't answer the question of crouse, maybe the purpose is trying to learn what the purpose is

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lol. How about this:

You define your life...and that means having faith in yourself to be able to do it. It means setting the right aims in the first place and it means persevering until you get what you want.

And if you don't believe in God to get these answers; fear not, nature has set up some cunny laws so, if you ask and you really want it, its there....just choose well and remember, what you give is what you get in return. You may not believe me, but who am I?

Some ask why, some ask why not.

""No words""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gari is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I only belief myself, but I like to hear other poeple's vision on the world, so maybe we cna understand it better.

what defines life - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy