Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Friends and what they mean.

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Do you people have a particular friend in your life, which is probably a really good friend if they are to you as I am about to explain it, make you a better person by being in your life. By this I mean do they make you a better person by making you think about the world and everything in it? By talking to them about this and that make you realize things in life you may never have thought about it?

I am lucky enough to have this person in my life for the last 10 or so years but only recently have I realized that this person has actually meant more that I have ever realized. This person has made me self-aware, has made my mind more logical more I don't know how to say it really. Basically my brain has been thoroughly kick started by this person.

Looking back on it now I feel I have neglected this relationship alot, however this has happened for a valid reason. I have not seen this person for over 6 months now as he has been traveling for quite a bit now and his path has taken him out of my daily life. Now that I have realized this and now wish to hang out more I cannot and that pains me now.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i can empathize with your plight. just a few months ago one such friend moved a few states away. people who teach you to in essense see through their own eyes are invaluable. though not physically in my life, i continue to carry his experiences and knowledge with me. he constantly challenged my perspective and forced me to think of alternatives which i normally would have been too lazy to bother with.

we still keep in touch, but its much different when the person is affecting you in such ways on a regular basis.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When I was younger I had this friend. Up until I met him I would always want things my way. If we played a game it had to be one I liked. But one day after he gave in to me complaining about not wanting to do something he wanted to... I realized the value of compremise and compassion. I consider him my best friend.

"Dark and silent and complete."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My friend Louis has mostly served that purpose, but me and awakenedwraith's conversations have been pretty fun in the perspective-changing realm as well.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i would say that the role you are describing has largely been played by my girlfriend. she challenges the way i think, and constantly plays devils advocate to any theory i put forward.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cujo0424 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
For you, Restless Mind, since you've explained how it's hard for you to find time to spend with this person, I would suggest making one form of contact with him (email, telephone, instant message, letter, w/e) and talk to him with enough care, thought, length, and life that it'll remind him that you're still a good friend of his. Do this from time to time until you guys can get back to the casual hang-around friendship you apparently lost now that his life is so complicated.

""Scared is not the right word...I'm frightened of it..."---Love & Death"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy