We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Are Break-Ups Worse For Guys Than Girls?

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
give a breack up and how you felt.

i will later. after im done fealling. reflection is good.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Now how would you answer a question like that?

Is there a way to measure emotional pain?

Maybe guys feel worse, but don't show their emotions. Maybe girls feel less but like to exaggerate their emotions. Maybe we're taught to restrain our emotions so that we can't feel the real pain.

It also depends on the relationship.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Who ever does the breaking feels less pain because they got what they wanted. I don't really see it as a bad thing. I'd rather someone spoke up than sat silent in misery.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i agree, its easier for the person who does the break up. but they may have undergone a lot of pain prior to the break up.

so assuming we are talking about the person whose getting dumped, does either a male or a female take it harder? or just in a different way?

i would say, females generally become more emotionally destructive, while males become more physically destructive. perhaps this isnt actually carried out, but the desire to be this way is what im talking about. its not always the case of course, but if you think about the male and female mind it makes sense.

women wallow in self pity after breakups, men seek vengeance.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ill agree with that. awakened may not agree with me on this, but i wouldnt have wanted to be anywhere near him a few days ago. in the thread he started about leaving, his replies were angry.

girls on the other hand do tend to get far more emotional and weepy from what ive seen. but it is easier for the person breaking up.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that earthenwings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
...I'm not sure about the 'wallowing in self-pity'. I'm female, and I'm of the vengeful type. Maybe that's just me.

""...Not every fight is worth fighting." Hold me to it."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
women wallow in self pity after breakups, men seek vengeance.

first, id have to say ur slightlly off with this statement. Its more of a case to case senario. I personally wouldnt seek vengence.

Second in terms of feeling pain its hard to say. Thats another case to case senario or more likelly person to person. I was in a slight relasionship but when she dumped me i didnt feel to bad and was ok with it. Ironically I was in more pain when this one girl I really liked told me she was a lesbian. We sure do live in a strange world.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it does vary between cases, but in general men tend to concentrate on anger etc and women on sadness. and i would also say it is more usual to get a vengeful woman than a weepy man.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
oh yea, i suppose vengeance was poor wording on my part. men and women both seek it to a certain extent. i was just trying to describe the anger and sadness, as you stated Cynic-Al.

and again, just a generality.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
I don't really think it's a gender thing more a person thing.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The more capable thinker in the relationship feels more pain, assuming they put their all into the relationship. Other wise it's who cared more. Female or male.

"Dark and silent and complete."
 36yrs • M •
If you get hurt or care more you're just allowing emotion to cloud your brain. If you really did think about it logically you wouldn't be that upset.

35yrs • M •
I disagree. Thinking things out can help but it won't remove the emotions I can assure you. Knowledge and feelings are seperate.

36yrs • M •
It doesn't remove the emotion but it certainly improves the situation. For example two men best friends since Pre School each are about 25. One of them was recently dumped by their girlfriend, which he had been dating for a year. To the one man who was recently dumped he is devastated. He can't sleep or eat he is depressed and hates this girl. To the on looking friend it looks ridiculous. He will say things like move on, theirs other fish in the sea and other such phrases to help cheer his buddy up. Are those things true? Absolutely but the man who has been devastated doesn't see this because his mind is full of emotion. But, look at his friend he has a clear mind towards the issue and makes the clear choice. Knowledge and feelings should be separate but people don't separate them.

35yrs • M •
I was refering to them not being the same, they do effect each other. I know things will go on and there are other fish in the see but after a break up do you think that would really... I mean REALLY make all the pain go away? I don't.

1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy