Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Cuteness- inborn or bred? - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
there are also studies of non-usual parts of human behaviour. but thats a different story.

so what do people think about the idea of the sexually attractive type of cute? what makes someone cute (male or female)?

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No! Don't go off into sexual cuteness! There are too many threads on that anyway. Focus on infants!

Does cuteness increase chances of survival in the human world?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If cuteness increases survival chances then it is only because of the shallowness of humanity. If cuteness matters then by extension fashion matters and people will continue to hurt themselves in order to be cute, attractive, and sexy or whatever the current term is for whichever given age group.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 36yrs • F •
"Only shallow people don't judge by looks." Oscar Wilde.

It's not shallow considering we're humans that judge our world through our senses. There's nothing wrong with wanting to portray a certain image of yourself through your looks. It's wrong when you hurt yourself too much.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 39yrs • M •
It is shallow if a baby must look a certain way in order to be loved. And consequently it is no surprise to find that girls want to hurt themselves in order to also be loved.

36yrs • F •
Love is blind. Especially mother's love. I'm not implying that cuteness is required to receive love, but it certainly is a factor. Any girl would be more loved if she was beautiful vs. not as beautiful. That's reality (compared to idealism.)

Of course it's not a surprise that men and women hurt themselves to look a certain way. Our clothes and appearance speak for us in the social world. You can't deny that.

39yrs • M •
quote:
Any girl would be more loved if she was beautiful vs. not as beautiful. That's reality

But what is beautiful? Most people don't live up to their beauty potential because they follow the crowd. This is my opinion on beauty yet yours may be completely different. How then can we say that any person is not as beautiful?

quote:
Of course it's not a surprise that men and women hurt themselves to look a certain way. Our clothes and appearance speak for us in the social world.

But why must we buy everything that the magazines tell us to? People can look good without dressing exactly like the latest pop star.

36yrs • F •
The definition of beautiful and cute are subjective. But each society has its own definitions. In our culture, big eyes and a big head can make a baby look cute. If people base their lives entirely on the limits of their community's defintion of beauty, they should change. (Albeit, so must the whole hollywood industry.)

36yrs • M •
hollywood doesnt have to change for us to, we jsut have to pay less attention to hollywood.
to prevent this turning into the "jeans and high heels are paionful" thread. what makes a person cute in a sexually attractive way. is there a specific look that you would use cute for instead of handsome or beautiful? what makes them cute instead of any other description?

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Young things are usualy cute - and I do believe this perception is in our DNA.

quote:
If cuteness increases survival chances then it is only because of the shallowness of humanity.

Humanity is shallow. Cute is not always good though, it attracts perverts.

Old people are forgotten.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • F •
quote:
hollywood doesnt have to change for us to, we jsut have to pay less attention to hollywood.

You're taking too passive of an approach. You can't just ignore this gigantic influence on everyone's lives. Not everyone is strong or intelligent enough to resist the harmful influences of hollywood culture. We not only have to ignore negative influences, but also have to battle them so as to lessen them.

When I look at my perception of cute, I think of all the movies I watched wherein a baby or animal would be described as cute. Many of our conceptions are shaped by hollywood, so we can't take it lightly. Our perceptions are also shaped by the community in which we live in too.

39yrs • M •
Why must a battle be necessary? We made Hollywood and we can undo it if we stop feeding it constantly. Hollywood need not be weakened in order to break it; people need to be strengthened instead.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is why I believe in the Internet - Here we discuss and decide what Cuteness is - it isn't being decided for us.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • M •
true, we are also discussing however where we have gotten our ideas of it from.

to battle hollywood, we do need to be strengthened, battling hollywood does just mean ignoring it. if we dont pay attentino to it it will dissappear.

Cuteness- inborn or bred? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy