Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Money

User Thread
 56yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rushuka is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Money
Maybe someone can shed some light...I live a good life, take the high road and treat everyone i know and meet with respect. So why has the financial side of my life been so hard. I don't blow all my money on stupid things i just seem to be financially exhausted all the time. Please don't respond with ...Save 10% of every paycheck or invest-blah-blah....Someone please help change a great persons life with some new idea's for a legal financial windfall.

34yrs • F •
phantom270 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I'll admit, I'm only 16 and don't know a whole lot about money, but I'll try to give you some advice. It may not help with your money problems, but it might help you feel a little bit better. Money is not everything, and I'm sure you know that. Unfortunately it is necessary in our lives. I dunno, all i can say is, everyone goes thru a hard time in their life whether financially or otherwise. just hang in there, and it will get better. "Everything will be alright in the end. If it isn't alright, then it isn't the end." Just keep on living like u r, in the best way u can, and things will pick up. If u get really desperate, u can always do wat my friend does. He bites into a piece of bread and says it looks like a famous person, symbol, etc, then sells it on e-bay. he gets about 10$ each from doing that. dunno if i helped or not, but i tried i suppose. i've never had to work a day in my life and money has never been a primary concern for me, so i'm not sure wat to do with it. good luck tho. there is another way of doing this tho. my mom is in a company, dunno if u have heard of it or not, called Pre Paid Legal. its a job that u work on in ur own terms. no bosses or anything like that, and u can do it anytime anywhere, along with whatever other job u have. it mite help at least. some people have becpme millionaires in about 2 years from doing this, and yeah. i won't bug u with this any more, but if ur interested, u can email me bout it, tho i mite not get back to u rite away cuz i only check my email bout once a week.

""It is better to have a dead body than a dead soul.""
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It is difficult to judge your situation without seeing your budget, and I really don't want to see it, nor do I believe you want to show it to me.

How much is enough? I had a friend in school who used to go to school barefoot because his parents couldn't afford to buy him shoes. When it got cold, they managed to get an old pair of shoes for him, but one year he was wearing brand new shoes, they were girls shoes though (it never made since to me but for some reason girls shoes were cheaper). He was so proud of his new shoes. Well, we teased him, even I did and I got into the worst of trouble for it because I was his best friend and hurt him the worst.

Anyways - he was happy with what he had even though it wasn't enough, and if you have enough you should be happy with that and if you can't be and you want more, it wouldn't matter how much more you had, it wouldn't be enough. For most of us, happiness is a choice we make.

I imagine you watch Tv, if you do, pay attention to what it is saying to you, it is always telling you that you need more, that you don't have enough. If you just had a big mac, a pepsi, one of those new cars, etc, etc. The media keeps telling us that we need, need, need things that we don't need, and so we want, want, want things that we don't need believing it will make us happy, but unfortunately we can't afford it all.

There I bet is the problem - but then again, I don't know that for sure, I haven't seen your budget.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
1) Dump your girlfriend
2) Never eat out
3) When buying things ask if you really need this
4) Mooch as much as possible
5) Never turn down something free

So you can do the numbers 1-5 or you can live a little. Money ain't that important.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
Money
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy