Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Science versus Instinct - Page 3

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
that no organism (other than humans) is capable of predicting the weather

waste of a post, just to show you what you typed.

im not an idiot

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No organism (other than humans) is capable of predicting the weather. However even humans can't fully predict long term weather forecasts. Agree? This was used to give clarification that prediction doesn't correspond to instinct, but rather determination. I used the word 'long term' for a reason.

I'll just note that chimpanzees and homo sapiens are not that different today. We are ~98% genetically identical to chimpanzees.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
[  Edited by summit at   ]
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think it's just that since we're sooooo sofisticated and intelligent now[/sarcasm], when the close evidence of the 2% difference is shown to us it seems like you're lowering them down to be compared to an animal if you will..

But if i'm not mistaken, Given a life and death situation your animal instincts start to show a humans true colors..
~see it in movies all the time.Armaggedon(srry for spelling) comes a long and what happens... people do what ever is nessessary to ensure their own survival. displaying brilliant colors of 'insanity' or an animal insinct basically.

Why don't people question this when it comes to any other species?

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
considering you just called it animal instinct yourself im suprised you had to ask. but some species dont always, some do show bonds of family etc in crisis situations.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The instict to feel has been subdued by less accurate but more precise forms of communication (thought, writing, speaking) . These forms should be served as a tool to heighten the precision of the accuracy about where the original idea came from, i.e. the feeling; but instead have actually made us gather less refined sources in the first instance.

For example, I may tell you everything there is to know about Africa; but without having been to this massive place it would be like a blind man explaining the principles of light.

""No words""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Or a deaf man writing music.

"Dark and silent and complete."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Setsu is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What we call instinct is actually sometimes something scientific that has not been completely explained as of yet. Things like magnetic fields and outside influences affect our "Instincts".

""Life without knowledge is like death in disguise..." - MC HP"
Science versus Instinct - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy