Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Define the word "American" - Page 5

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Flexibility is another aspect of American culture. It doesn't have a deep history to stick to (except its roots in Christianity.)

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yep - we are the melting pot of cultures and beliefs and you'll find several a mixture of many.

We're just a bunch of muts.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yet strangely also the least understanding of some things. other cultures are americanised so much, you dont ever seem to see ethnic groups to the same extent as in other countries.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think I know what you're saying. You have to look at our beginning. The first to colonize this land were religious fanatics and criminals, and so, and having been over seas, I know it is true, we're just a little bit more extreme then others.

We're more religious and we're more wicked and in the middle there isn't a lot of understanding.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 33yrs • M •
4720 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think its important to see that eventhough America portrays itself as the most democratic and free country in the world, this county cause 70% of the world pollution yet it only posseses around 5% of the world population, the American political system is one of the most highly currupt in the world, the senators arent the best and the most intelligent persons in America they are the fattest, richest white men in the country who will take money from anybody. America critisises the world on human rights yet racism is very strong in its states, and just look at guantanimo is that Freedom? America consumes 66% of the world illegal drugs, America produces the highest child pronography and has the largest stockpile of neuclear and biological weapons while it is trying to promote peace in the world!! and dont even get me started on Vietnam and Middle east. America is willing to refuse to buy african farming produces and forces europe to do the same so that the price of weat falls while african farmers' children starve to death and their crops rot. I ask is this what "America" means? Im not her to judge the general public of America because most of them are ordinary good people, but Im afraid thats the image this nation has created of itself to many people in the world. A bully.

36yrs • F •
quote:
You're either with us or against us. We're the elect, so we're damn right and everyone else is corrupt. Now would you like to buy our new 2007 model SUV?

That about sums it up.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Typical Americans with the theory that either you agree with them or your wrong. Simple vanity...

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
American to me anymore means the land of the sheep and home of the depraved.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • F •
Would you say that America in its different sectors is more flexible because it does not have a long history?

How many of you praise the Founding Fathers?

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you live in America and don't praise the founding fathers, you should probably leave. The concept or symbol of what America is suppose to be is what people hold on to.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Everett is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
America + Patriotism = goes hand in hand.

66yrs • M •
Nebbish is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I read a heavy dose of jingoism.

Define the word "American" - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy