In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - xxxxchelseaxxxx
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Guitar

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Guitar
Anyone else play guitar?

just wondering if anyone knew any good songs to play, or that sound good and are simple. or even just good tab sites.

id say,
"the mans too strong" - Dire Straits
"Paint it Black" - Rolling stones
"good riddance" - Greenday
are fun songs
and i tend to use Ultimate Guitar

Also what guitars do people have, i saw someone in pics of us forum with a les paul.
I own these two
Fender Resonator
and
Epiphone G-400 Gothic

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Enigmatic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, I'm a musician.

I know it's hard to believe, but I have 12 stringed instruments in my home (including a bass guitar, mandolin, and banjo).....so I suppose that would leave 9 guitars:

-2002 Ovation Celebrity~my love
-Gibson Les Paul Standard~my other love
-Gibson SG Standard
-American Fender Stratocaster Standard
-Samick Strat copy
-Peavey T-60
-Gibson Melody-Maker (its like the original SG-it's my dad's)
-some Epiphone acoustic
-extremely old Stella acoustic (haha...I've never heard of the brand either)

Anyways, I don't really use tabs all that much these days; I enjoy learning songs by ear. I dig the challenge. But occasionally I'll use olga.net to get a few, or whatever other site I can find that has the songs I'm looking for. I've been playing for about 6 years now. I also like to make recordings using a digital Boss Recording Studio I bought a little while ago. I just love playing/recording/listening to music. It's therapeutic. Or something.

"How am I not myself?"
 36yrs • M •
gotta say im now jealous, i want a les paul, they are just suh cool guitars. learning by ear can be fun, i was trying to work out dire straits - local hero theme tune by ear, and also ive worked out bits of other songs like buck rogers and i believe in a thing called love by ear. but unfortunately ive not got that good an ear for music, so half the time im wasting my time. but ill definitely agree, there is something soothing about just sitting playing guitar.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Enigmatic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, there really is something about the Les Paul. Even though it's a bit heavy, the fact that it's so solid, in combination with it's humbucker pickups, make it sound amazing. And it's beautiful to look at of course.

"How am I not myself?"
 36yrs • M •
yeah, but heavy is no prob, my sg is heavy, and the resonator weighs qiute a lot cos of the (as my mum put it) "frying pan" on the front.

31yrs • M •
smoore528 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Yea I play too, some of the bass stuff for the chilis is cool, and some acdc stuff can be quite easy, you should try should try shook me all night long, by acdc, tis cool

"An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep"
 36yrs • M •
yeah i like acdc stuff, back in black is good fun to play, and i found the tabs for "rock and roll aint noise pollution" but then lost them again.

31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that blackstorm992 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Does anyone play the classical piece Spanish Romance...... if u do any tips im struggling at about bar 26..... anyways the good riddance chords are the same as sweet home Alabama if that helps....... and last of all.. anyone have anything by the foo fighters or the queens of the stone age

"always forgive your enimies, nothing annoys them as much."
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that blackstorm992 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
another thing... i have a yamaha pacifica 112 and some really good cort acoustic but i dont have a semi acoustic yet...... any suggestions as to what i should buy......
thanks in advance.........

"always forgive your enimies, nothing annoys them as much."
 37yrs • F •
guitargirl78 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i play guitar also i play an ibanez its a pretty cool guitar and i learned from playing tabs but i admit i would have loved to learn bye ear. my favorite tab to play is dont fear the reaper by blue oyster ocult. i also love people are strange by the doors and many many more but just putting my two favorite.

"the worst part about being lied to is knowing you werent worth the truth"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PneumoniaHawk is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you were playing acoustic, I could help you out.

Just try anything by Rise Against. They have fun songs.

"You get custody, I get your life."
Guitar
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy