In public, I never cry, in private, I try my best not to, in my mind, I never stop. - Vortex271
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

To not exist - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A belief wasn't originally an idea? People don't fight about ideas because it's just a thought. Belief's are just expanded ideas.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think jacker wins that arguement, people fight over ideas all the time. the world of science is full of it. and u cant just pull a belief from thin air, someones got to think of something before others start to believe it. people believe lies, but someone originally thought of the lie, it was an idea. the same may be true with religion, or it may not. atheism is people either not having the idea in the first place, or people having an idea that the beliefs of their society are wrong.

as for the lack of middle ground, there is some, the idea of religious tolerance, though religious tolerance can only truly exist in atheism. all religions believe as a main point, that you must believe in their god and their theology to reach heaven and to be a truly "good" person. actions alone are not good enough, you must be a member of their religion. believe me, we have no end of fun winding up our youth leader, by thinking up situations in which someone might have had no chance of ever having heard of christianity, and getting her to try and defend the opinion that they would not be allowed in to heaven because they didnt accept christ.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 36yrs • M •
Most major religions can all be connected with the golden rule.

http://www.jcu.edu/philosophy/gensler/poster.gif

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
bits of religion all cross over, specially islam, christianity, and judaism. as they have largely the same first part, seeing as judaism is what the other two stemmed from.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 36yrs • M •
If all religion is largely the same first part than where's the middle ground? The middle ground is merely agnostic. The question of God's existence on either side. At least in a spectrum sort of view.

To not exist - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy