Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Game Reviews!!

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Praetor is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Game Reviews!!
Alrighty, i needed something to do so i decided to start this new thread. Basically, post any game review of any game you want, as long as you list name, system, a rank out of 10 (10 being the best) and in the case of a flash game or likewise, where to find it(or a link). Also post requests of one or a list of any games you would like to see reviewed.

Seeing as how i started the thread. ill go first

"What's the point in not conforming, if it changes you?"
 45yrs • M •
Game: Need For Speed: Most Wanted
System: XBOX 360

Ok, this game is amazing. Racer fans, youll love it. Non-racer fans, it converted me. Basically you are a street racer who is sabotaged and loses everything, and has to start from the bottom of the heap. You work your way up the "Black List", that is, the top 15 racers in the city. You and your lovely assistant Mia, are aiming on taking down the top racer and winning your rep back.
The graphics are stunning. Everything is nearly seemless. I had no problems with lag, and there are no loading screens between different parts of the city.
The cars, 32 of them. Well, 33 counting the 'secret' car. You can customize your cars appearance and performance, more than the old NFS games, but the customizing system is not as great as that of Foreza Motorsport (<---for XBOX only)
And, overall gameplay. There are a variety of different types of races making for an original racing experience. It also helps to mix things up a bit so its not just just lap after lap. race after race.

This game is a deffinate buy.

NFS: Most Wanted gets an impressive 9.5 out of 10

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
DragonballZ Budokai Tenkaichi - PS2

theyve totally redone the fighting system on this one. to me it feels a lot more like a real dbz fight. your mobility around the arena is much greater than it was in previous budokai games. actual hand to hand combat is still very simple and often mindless button pushing, but it is a lot more stratigical because of the increased mobility. mid fight transformations are essentially gone, but all the characters are in tact. obtaining dragonballs is more entertaining, but still tedious at times. the characters are more customizable. ranking mode provides for a good challenge. overall the learning curve is longer than previous games and i would say mastering this one will take most people a bit longer.

8/10

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Timmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Game: Guild wars
System: PC

This game is wicked, this is a mmorpg not to miss, its up there with such games as world of wacraft and so on but guess what ITS FREE!!!!. YAY, its an awsome rpg that is based around clans, so if your in a clan or leader of a clan this is the game for you.endless custimizatoins, and wicked effects. The world is so well designed.

My vote a 9.7

"There is no such thing as innocence obly degrees of guilt"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
gotta second timmos review, guild wars is a brilliant game, it is a really easy game to get into, the controls are no problem to get the hang of. teamwork is nice and simple, though once you start to understand the game you get a bit more depth and strategy. and the fact that all you have to ay for is you account, it is possible to download the setup pack, and download the bits you need as you go through the game, you dont even have to get up from your chair to get it. i love it and im not even a great rpg fan

now all i need is a pc capable of running it, so i dont have to be at my friends house to play it.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 45yrs • M •
Hey I'm back, my computer finally un-died. Anyhow, Timmo is right, Guild Wars is an awesome game, but what tops that is the expansion: Guild Wars: Factions
hundreds of new quests and new items and all that good stuff, its like adding a game the size of guild wars plus some onto guild wars. It is better than the original and if you dont own them; buy them NOW. Why are you still reading. Go. Shoo. Btw, Factions can be run as its own game so you dont absolutley need the original, but it adds to the experience

Guild Wars Factions gets a 10/10

Also for those of you that play GW, my IGN is Brokk The Strong

32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Halo, Halo 2

Great graphics, good story line, lots and lots of killing. You need quick wits and a trigger finger! (Great games but to easy)

Never winter knights

Online RPG game. Lots of hidden things cool new ways to fight and really good graphics. As good as WOW

Name: Bigshit (I didnt choose the name. My friend entered it in while i was away from the Computer)
Skill: Ranger
Level: 40

Zone: Dead zone

you have got to play this game! Get the diamond edition. It has all three versions packed into one!

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
 32yrs • M •
Zeon is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
there is a lot games on tiny arcade by going on www.tinyarcade.com

"i like to make new friends once a while."
 45yrs • M •
Just Cause

Xbox 360

In this game you play as Rico rodriguez (this games full of stereotypes), a latin secret agent on a mission to overthrow thecorrupt government of the Cariibean nation of San Esperito. You will be aided on your journey by two other agents from your unnamed agency. They will assign you various mission for making nice with the guerrillas and not so nice with the government. You will also be aided by the Rioja drug cartel.... but in the long run, they dont matter that much.

The game plays like Grand Theft Auto, free roaming, vehicle 'commandeering', blowing up anything thats in your way madness. But it gives it a different feel being a good guy instead of a criminal. One major standout feature is the stunt ability, which was undoubtedly added to make the game feel more like a movie. When driving any vehicle, you are givin the option to jump out of it of course... or jump out of it... up onto the roof. From this position you have four options; jump off, jump to a nearby vehicle (if ones availabe) re-enter the vehicle, or, the games biggest (and one of the coolest) features, deploying Rico's parachute. This wil catapult you up into the sky, where you can glide around until you land. Or, you can cut the parchute and fall. But why would you do that? you ask. Wouldnt you hit the ground and die? Well, yes... if you dont re-de-deply the parachute. Yup. Re-deploy. Its always there. It can be put out and put away endlessly. And best of all, its not even rendered on Rico's back. Hm...

All in all, this is a great game, even when you finish it. The story missions go quick, but in order to finish the whole game, it will take weeks. Definatly worth the purchase.

9.5/10

32yrs • M •
Zeon is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
has any heard of the legan of Zelda Twiliet Princess????? the new gamecube game that toke 6 years to make!!!!

"i like to make new friends once a while."
Game Reviews!!
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy