Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why I don't preach anymore

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Each person has a different scenario or situation that they call their life. These are influenced greatly and make us all unique. So what I mean by people shouldn't tell other people what to do is we don't know their situation and circumstances. In our situation what may appear right may be wrong in another. That's why I don't believe in black and white scenario religion. Where something is always wrong or something is always right. This is why I don't preach anymore for what's right in my situation isn't always right in another.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the quote: "try living in my shoes" sums it up

but really i know what you mean and there are billions of little variables that make us decide what to do..

only you know in your own eyes what is right and wrong for you

basically we all are trying to live our own perfect ideas of what we "should" do

not even your closest friend, wife, or husband can tell you what you are feeling. only you know what you feel.. you have to "follow your heart" so to speak and tell society to fuck off

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That's why you learn more about a person's situation before imposing your ideas onto or giving advice to them.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you can give advice even lead them to their feelings but you cant know what they feel it lies within thmself you cant learn every little thing about a person so you shouldnt judge them..

dont ever look too down upon a person and dont ever look too up upon a person they are only human.. be happy and content with that knowledge

peace

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 36yrs • F •
I agree with that, but I don't agree with what Jacker Jones said
quote:
people shouldn't tell other people what to do

We can't order people to do what we want them, but there's nothing wrong with telling them what you think is right.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • M •
My basic point is that we shouldn't assume were right and impose it on others because were not certain. If you feel comfortable giving out uncertain advice that's your opinion. I of course only follow this in the religious aspect. To give day to day advice is different because we have opportunity to make things up. But you really only have one chance in the religious/spiritual realm(unless you believe in reincarnation).

36yrs • F •
If I believe in anything, I'll believe in it with certainty. So if I believed that there is no God, are you saying that I shouldn't go tell people why it's illogical to believe in God?

36yrs • M •
What I believe is I'm only certain in my scenario or my life.(in religious aspects)

I also believe that people should achieve the best possible outcome in their life. Whether they do this with or without God is none of my business. Atheists as well as believers can achieve good or bad. So I leave it as a "what works best for you" type scenario. Only you know how to achieve the best outcome in your life.

36yrs • F •
Yes, but there's also unchanging human nature. If our nature is in essence the same, then we could tell each other how to live on a general level.

36yrs • M •
Well that's what organized religion is.

36yrs • F •
So then there's nothing wrong with a priest or rabbi or imam or monk telling me how to live?

36yrs • M •
Well this is just what I think (don't send me any messages about this) but yes. In my life those that preach are wrong. Their wrong not in the sense that they're trying to help others but are wrong in that they are not certain. Just because they mean well doesn't make them right.

36yrs • F •
What if they think they are certain?

36yrs • M •
Just because someone thinks they're certain doesn't mean they're right.

36yrs • F •
And who's to say that they're right or wrong?

1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy