Don't believe your eyes, don't believe your ears, don't believe anything that you are, were, or think you will be. For if you do, you shall sure fall into my trap, and I shall kill you slowly under these illusions. - Aubrey Asylum
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A backlash against sexual attitudes? - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Define harm. Some cultures consider the greatest harm to a woman is taking her virginity away while some cultures see nothing wrong with that.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This might sound crazy, but I would like to see, and medically it is almost possible - every boy and girl be made sterile upon puberty and should they choose to become parents, they'll have to take courses, receive physical and mental exams and be certified, then the sterilization could be reversed and they can become parents for the state to raise not only their own children but foster children as well. They will be federal employees receiving medical and retirement. That's the way it should be to me.

Most children are born of people who just so happened to jump into bed and accidentally got pregnant. Many of the men will abandon the woman and leave her alone to raise the child on her own and she'll work two jobs. The kid will be left with really very little supervision if not outright abused. This happens almost 50 percent of the time, and its just outrageous.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What do you think Attolia?

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • F •
Sounds brilliant. Just like there should be a license to drive, there should be a license to get pregnant.

But that still doesn't answer my question. We want as little control over each other as possible, just enough so as not to cause any harm. But how do you determine what is harm?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
that sounds really nice, but driving can be regulated with bar codes. pregnancy can not. it would be way to hard to control. if they cant control beer, what makes you think they can control sex?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • F •
That leads to the question: Does sex need to be controlled if we had that utopian system of giving the right to bear kids to those who went through parental training?

Is the only reason to control sex to ensure that unwanted babies aren't born and abortions aren't performed? Can there be another reason to control sex?

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I want you all to sit back and think about what your saying. You want sex controlled. You're only viewing this in a half empty type scenario. What about the beauty in it. The passion, excitement that comes along with it. Sure sex has its problems but why go to such extremes.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sex is not being controlled but pregnancy is. This idea will not limit how much sex people have it can only limit the number of unwanted pregnancies.
But sex is already partly controlled (or at least there are rules that try to control it). There are laws regarding sex with minors and also rape. These are ways of controlling sex do you think they are necessary?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i just realized something. for the same reasons i am against controlling sex:
quote:
sure, sexuality is far from slavery, but not far enough for me to be comfortable about it

someone is for it. they say that sex is far from anarchy, but not close enough to be comfortable. but i think thats a little silly.

to insure that they get their way. its called ambition.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe sex is controlled by guilt and shame. The law can't really control it until the law enters the bedroom. The law only gets involved after the fact, after it is reported.

Unless we are willing to invite the law into our bedrooms then we should not expect the law to control sex.

Current laws in place I think are fare.

In reality it is education that controls sex and the lack of education can cause a bunch of scary bad stuff.

To properly control sex (and it should be to answer your question) requires proper education. Proper education requires research (and there we are lacking).

There is a relationship between emotion and sex, should we study I believe we will discover how stupid we have been, and scratching our head in wonderment in why we haven't done this earlier. It won't fix everything, because unfortunately there is evil in this world seeking to destroy us and our world. But - at least we will have a frame work an idea, we can throw off the cloak of confusion.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
A backlash against sexual attitudes? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy