Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

If you had a gun to your head, what would you choo - Page 2

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
A gun pointed at your face is not a random accident

have you even the slightest idea how many random factors come into play in how the gun got in front of my face. how many random factors come into play on wether or not that guy has the balls to shoot. how many random factors come into play that i just happen to be there at that perticular second on that perticular day? no you dont. you are apparently incpable of thinking that complexly.

quote:
You are going to die no matter what happens.

you are going to die no matter what happens regardless. and there are far more deaths by heart disease than guns. and far more deaths by cars than guns.

quote:
With a gun pointed at your head there's many possible outcomes

wrong there are two. either you get shot or you dont.

quote:
To accept the fact your going to die in a random accident is accepting that there's zero possibility of survival.

there is zero possibility of infinite survival.

quote:
If you're ready to die than you'd want to die

you dont know this your just finding things to say. stop it.

quote:
The only way you'd be ready is if you'd have accomplished everything desired and thus have no need for life.

i have said this once before. YOU CAN NOT PROVE ALWAYS OR NEVER UNLESS YOU KNOW ALL OF TIME. DO YOU. BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE REALLY FUCKING IMPERSSIVE ! there is no need for life regardless. simple as that. you do not need to be living for the univeres to continue. no personin thios world or any other does. people aer accidents.

im done with this conversation.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
how many random factors come into play

It doesn't matter how many factors there are there's still a gun in your face. How it got in your face doesn't matter because it's already in your face. The events leading up to the incident are irrelevent.

quote:
you are going to die no matter what happens regardless. and there are far more deaths by heart disease than guns. and far more deaths by cars than guns.

The frequency or percentage of people dying a certain way is also irrelevent. Just because someone dies by accident doesn't mean that you're ready to die

quote:
there is no need for life regardless.

Than why wouldn't you want to die. If there is no need for life why would you want to live.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont need a need in order to live.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Exactly!

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xaej is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok look, I am ready to die, but I don't WANT to.
If it happens, it happens, no use cryin' over spilled milk, but that doesn't mean that I want my milk to be spilled now does it ?

- Xaej

"I'm just a normal boy, that sank when I went overboard"
 31yrs • M •
browndruid is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Death is death. Once you're dead, it doesn't really matter. It's more of the process of dying. Would you rather have cancer kill you over five years, or would you prefer for someone to shoot you in the head before you even knew that they were there? I would choose the bullet to the brain any day.

In fact, I plan on getting some chronic disease. Never undergo any treatment. Then, when the pain is too bad, simply down a liter of hemlock...

You may think I'm a maniac, but I plan on dying with very little pain. And I will do whatever it takes to achieve that.

"Someday, I will be guided to that place where everything is surrealistic. Or am I not real?"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why bother with the disease? Whenever you're sick and tired of life, just drink the poision. But will you be able to? Or will your will to survive overcome your desire to die?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If I had a gun to my head, why would I choose to believe in a superstitious human construct. I've already made the decision. To believe in 'God' is to be fearful.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 36yrs • F •
But would it matter what you tell the person holding the gun to your head?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 37yrs • M •
If I knew their intentions then yes it would matter. If I knew, they were going to shoot, if I said I was athiest, then of course one would lie. Thats not the point. The question was, would you choose to believe at that moment. I've already made the decision, like many.

36yrs • F •
It's also about whether or not you'll lie.

37yrs • M •
This hypothetical scenario is obvious amongst most though. I think you would find that most if not all, would value life over a little white lie.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

i speak for everyone when say a part of your desire would want him to pull the trigger.. so you can die a labeled a "hero" (and dont argue that doesnt make sense i read about that shit all the tmie "coward" shoots innocent bystander who's a "hero" and people feel sorry for you and love and remember you.. you just wont admit that i know..

and theres that whole 'well if you die believing in god and there isnt you didnt loose much, but if there happened to be one and you didnt your screwfucked.' well (to counter argue that) what if there was a reincarnation monster that tortures you if you dont belive in him and this 'god' shit.. ,<that is very illogical i know.. sowhat id say is a significant part of me would stick my 'athiest' side.. even if im wrong its cool ausse i feel like ok at least these peopel who i was freustated at for beleiving were right.. and no lndger frustrated.. thats worth eternal torture in a way.. and read the bible carefully i just found out that 'eternal' is used in contexts that dont mean forever just a while.. so its all good ayoi

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that firstright89 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i almost answered this with a physical answer (you know an upward push with both hands bringing the gun to point to the sky) then i actually read the post and i would have to say i already made my choice before this mabye its just me because im in the military. i have faith in what i believe whatever that is

"choose to be happy today"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Timmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ive had an armed robber rob a A mart, with a group of poeple including me and my cousins held at gun point, god wasnt on my mind, a way to escape and disarm was on my mind

Terrible experience but well worth reflection
thanks
timmo

"There is no such thing as innocence obly degrees of guilt"
If you had a gun to your head, what would you choo - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy