Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

For Country of for Government?

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that KGB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A lot of people seem to be under the impression that supporting the government is supporting the country. I, for one, have never seen the connection between the two and would appreciate any kind of logic or information as to why the two are so often considered one.

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the government is divided into three branches.
1. judicial- this is the part that governs how the laws are interpreted throughout the country

2. executive- this is the part that reviews the laws throughout the country

3. legislative- this is the part that makes the laws throughout the country

because the government runs all of the laws spread throughout the counrty, and because th laws determine the state of living, if you support the government you support the state of living. if you supportt the state of living, you support the country, because the country is where you live.

if by supporting the government you mean supporting democracy, then you still support the country of democracy, and because democracy is a type of government, you support the government. and vise-versa

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
So what happens when the men in power (government) become obsessed with power and abuse their powers in order to stay in power or to acquire more power? Do we still support the government or do we support the country (i.e. the people)?

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
 35yrs • M
you support the welfare od the government and the people. so you do what you think is best for the country. if that means temporerily terring down the government in order make it stronger, if you are a true supporter, so be it.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
So bearing allegiance to one man (Bush for instance) would not be supporting the country once that man started violating the original ideas of the country?

35yrs • M
no. once that man starting violating the good interest of the country. it is fooloish to think that the founding fathers got it right. and even if they did, that was a completly diferent time. the best interest is not the first one. if that man has good interest but is simply does not have the skills to do the right thing that is not his bad character, simply his ignorance. and because you support the country, you are oblliged by this support to take the hit and wait four years.

62yrs • M •
LeeHart is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I personally believe in the idea of democracy. What we have right now is not much like it. Sure we have the right to vote in city, state, and federal elections. Representation is basically afforded to those who have the most money. And there's the fool factor you spoke of. The people of this country are so easily fooled by spin doctors in the government that almost anything could be done with the right spin and some deep pockets. As far as things have gone in the last 100 years, if the population was told EVERYTHING there would be anarchy. The arrogance and cronyism of the current administration makes my blood boil. I have watched closely at events of the last 5 years and cannot see any good come from it. Nothing will change however until everyone can come together and say enough is enough. I don't think I will live long enough to see though.

"No matter where you go, there you are!"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Spin-Doctors credo:
As long as the money is good then it is OK,
the people will accept [justify] it.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

A...fucking... men to that.
Supporting your country is NOT about your govement.
Supporting your country is NOT about it's ideals.

Supporting your country is PROTECTING your current right to wake up and chose to go or not go to work. It's about protecting your current way of life. Which it is a widly accepted idea that America is the damn best place to live. While not perfect of course, but what is.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 72yrs • M •
Ya, right all those who worked all their lives paying social security then find when they retire, their return isn't enough to live on?
I have noted how the spin doctors have been resurrecting the WWII mind set, but there seems to be something missing
Oh, where is all those cute buy US Saving Bonds promo?
Invest in democracy, na . . . invest in capitalism => buy stock in the stock market. It is the New American Way

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't believe America is the best anymore, if I didn't have obligations here, I'd go to Canada.

It may not be perfect, but when I paid my taxes I can be reasonably sure that money isn't going twords stealing and killing from other countries.

Some have suggested a third party, I think its a good idea, but it will take time and work and it will just fix some things, so we have to work with what you have and I have discovered that you have to become either Democrat or Republican. I know several people who purposly became Republican in hopes to change the direction of that party.

To make change - you have to be a party member, and its a lot of work and time.

Ofcourse, those who can buy influence don't have to work so hard and can get more done. Notabley, big businesses and corporations.

You can vote - but money decides the choices you vote for, that's what is wrong.

quote:
Spin-Doctors credo:
As long as the money is good then it is OK,
the people will accept [justify] it.

So true - So true

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
You can vote - but money decides the choices you vote for, that's what is wrong.

this can both ways. You can either be bribed to vote one way or another or you can chose to ignore the money and vote however the hell you want. Or the third choice, take the money ahead of time then vote for whatever you want.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's as if I have woken up and am no longer able to say that I am proud to be American. I can only say that I am proud to have the ideals assoicated with old America. Before we became fat and lazy and capitalistic bitche's.

Long live old America
Long live the ideals of Freedom (humanity)
and may those ideals NEVER be compromised in order to capitalize.....

Alas they allready have

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 72yrs • M •
Ah, their is wisdom in those words!

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy