Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What gives you comfort when alone

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MJClone is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I like to think that i would like to be alone, but when i'm alone i usally turn on the tv to give me comfort that someone is there when i'm alone.

"what if I'm a clone?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I enjoy being alone sometimes. It doesn't discomfort me in the least. I find it's a time to reflect on events occurring in my life.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Being alone... today I had a overwhelming sense of stress and despair all through my life. I got home from school and no one was home.. I layed on my couch and starred at the ceilling in a daze for a while before I had to go to work. But I was happy. I was comforted by the calmness of the moment. I need that sometimes.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
captincynic, music, and video games.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
silence, thinking, meditating, sleeping, music, captaincynic, reading, and going for long runs.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 35yrs • M
yeah. martial arts and running helps a lot too.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
many people dont like being alone. id say a larger goup dont like sitting alone in their own thoughts. sitting in silence is difficult for people because to a certain extent it forces the person to reflect on their own self, and after all you are your own worst critic. instead of finding things to fill up your alone time, i challenge you to sit and simply reflect. you will be surprized at what you figure out about yourself and your surroundings.

if its simply extra time alone, well all the previous suggestions are great. any other hobby that is personally satisfying to you is good too.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Counting my blessings and knowing that the sun will rise after every night.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MJClone is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I basicly turn on noise to keep from disciplining my own alone time. I think that comes from being raised in house full of 8 people. It was never quiet, untill 9pm and then there was always some type of noise, radio, late night shows on the tv, my brother snoring.....

"what if I'm a clone?"
 42yrs • F •
Ladi Hekate is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I'm always alone. Will always be alone. Have no fear of being alone. And have no knowledge of what it's like to be truly "with" others. I've thought that I had from time to time but, I look back and realize that it was just a false experience of a limited relationship, more of a meeting than a feeling of being together with another. Being physically alone, I love. I read, write poetry, sketch, paint, be creative. When I'm with others, I drink, do drugs, tell jokes, have sex, get hurt, be an animal.

"Eternally misunderstood."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Being alone is comfort to me.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Comfort to me is rushing water, a soft song, a quiet movie, a pen and paper. I could just shut out the world very quickly and not come back for days. When i'm with people, however, that's the time when I'm most alone.

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that earthenwings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Being alone has never bothered me. I actually prefer it, seeing as most people's thoughts are too limited and confined for my preference. But when loneliness overwhelms me, I run, read, write, listen to music, sew, swim for hours, or sit on the dock.

""...Not every fight is worth fighting." Hold me to it."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Most of the time I'm alone in my room...unless someone happens to call me to do something... But I'll just put on a chilled out play list on my computer and lay face down on my bed cuddling a pillow. Soaking up all the music and relaxation.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 35yrs • M
nothing really comforts me any more. lately the only thing that i do enjoy is interaction with other people. and i have noticed that all the ways you guys comfort you selfs involves things you enjoy doing... its probably just a phase though. i hate phases, they make you realize that you are weak just like every one else... i love phases.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy