Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The "Descent" of Man

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
TBG24601 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The "Descent" of Man
If human beings descended from chimpanzees or the ancestors of chimpanzees that produced both man and chimps and nothing else, how could HIV come from someone having intercourse with a chimpanzee when the predecessors of human beings would have had intercourse with the predecessors of the chimpanzee since they were the same species? Why would the virus not already have infected all human beings before that point?

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Interesting - you can go many different directions on this.

Some says AIDs does not really exist or is not a Virus, anybody can get aids if conditions are right. I've also heard that the AIDs virus is a man made virus, some secret project that escaped the lab and has been covered up with a fictitous story.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
TBG24601 : To answer your question.

HIV/AIDs is a virus. It has been confirmed that the two stains of HIV each originated from cross-species transmission from other primates. The killing of primates as "bushmeat" for human consumption allowed the virus to transmit to human hunters when thery handled infected carcassess with cuts or other open wounds on their hands. It didn't originally transmit through reproduction in humans. When it transmitted to humans it was through blood.

I don't believe in the other theories such as The Oral Polio Vaccine (OPV) theory (transmitted from medical experiments) and the 'conspiracy theory' or that it is 'man-made'. Those theories aren't very credible. They fail to take into consideration the lack of genetic-engineering technology available to 'create' the virus at the time that AIDS first appeared.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
[  Edited by summit at   ]
The "Descent" of Man
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy