Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. - Einstein
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why does everyone have to be sinners

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
just because anothony and eva sinned that doesnt mean that we will.. does the bible give any reason as to why we are automaitcly sinners? if the only reason is beacuse anthonony or adam did thats lame.. any other reasons?

i mean it seems like he made us sinners then right.. i guess he created us as sinners goign by christianity..

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Adam and Eve were created in God's image (perfect). But when Adam and Eve had offspring they were created in Adam's version of God's image (sinful).

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MJClone is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Your geneticaly predisposed to commiting atrosities that destroys the very thread of life. That's why everyone is a sinner. Have you ever been in a situation that either you had to fight or run. Your father passed down to you what to do in that situation and how to overcome it. With Adam being the first man created he would pass on the disease of pride that he himself is GOD. He determines what's right and what's wrong. Jesus's death represents that you don't have to die you have the choice to live no matter what they do to you body. He's death isn't to make you feel sorry for him. it's to bring your mind to a higher level of thinking.

"what if I'm a clone?"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A replica is not perfect like the original and pride causes us to sin.

Even if you was to swallow all of your pride and tried real hard to walk the straight and narrow, giving all you have to help the poor and down trodden, eventually you'll find yourself in sin. It happens to the best of us.

This subject keeps coming up, I'm going to find that scripture I read once that helped me understand this, I believe it was Gnostic Scripture, and it speaks of him the father who created all things discussing the creation of man with her the holy ghost, ashamed of us his creation, wanting to destroy them, but she stopped him explaining that from them truth shall grow and you shall harvest ten fold (something like that) I need to find it. But it falls so in line with Jesus teaching of the reaper and the sewer.
Basically a seed is nothing, but put it in the ground and give it some water, and it grows up and produces tens of seeds.

Out of imperfection we are being perfected, earth is our baptismal where we loose all our imperfections in life's trials.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
They had it all.
They were perfect, they had God teaching them, talking to them, giving them what they wanted, and they had the pleasure of sitting next to a tiger and not being eaten for lunch.
They had no pain, no sorrows, and plenty of love and happiness.

Then they were deceived, but they enjoyed the deceptive qualities enough that they mistrusted God Who gave them everything.

They choose the deceit of sin over the trust of God. They threw away the promises of God to believe in the empty promises of satan. He told them that God was lying to them, and they believed, and they intentionally wanted to ignore all they were taught and 'become free thinkers' and delve into the deceptions.

So, if two perfect ppl wont trust God, and believe what He tells them, what makes the rest of us feel we would do better.

God said they would 'die', satan said they wouldnt.

Who told the truth? We can see that we die...

Besides that, all who are human always possess the ability to 'overcome' that sin and obey God, and live forever.

Ok........hope it made sense, it is so difficult to explain things online.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Timmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what a load, sinning OMFG, do wat ya want, jesus himself sinned

Patrish shut up, get a life, hoo cares about heaven, enjoy life cuz life is real, LOser

"There is no such thing as innocence obly degrees of guilt"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that godisnotanidea is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Actually, Jesus is the only Human being who didn't sin. What exactly are you refering to? And I fell sorry for you when you die, cuz heaven is real too, and at your present rate, you ain't goin there.

"Truth is not relative. It is unchanging and eternal"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That is, assuming, that the christian faith is right. there are other religions each of which is equally vallid, and not all of them subscribe to the idea of heaven, and furthermore, how can you be so sure that heaven is an actual place? there's no way to prove this, and the only evidence lies in a 2000-year old religious work which is very very contradictory.

So go ahead and tell me that i'm going to hell, i really could care less, seing as i don't beleive such a place exists, but when you tell me i'm going to hell, ask yourself this: "who am i to judge?"

"He who does not question is lost."
 39yrs • M •
quote:
and the only evidence lies in a 2000-year old religious work which is very very contradictory.

You clearly know very little of the Christian faith. And while you're complaining about contradictions why don't you mention some. At least then I would understand your confusion.

64yrs • M •
Jesus did not follow the law of moses to the letter, he explained that the law was made for man, man was not made for the law.

I don't believe in a hell either, I do believe in death, and to me that would be the same as hell. I very much believe in heaven. I can't prove that there is such a place, but I have a strong faith that there is such a place.

Most all religions when confronted with the teachings of Jesus, those teachings are respected and honored.

This thread is about sin.

I once believed that our body was made by the false god according to Gnostic teachings, then one night I had a dream that our body and our soul was created by the false god, but the True God takes us as if we were a ball of clay and makes us unto himself.

So if you believe me and my dream, we were created in sin (imperfect). If you look at us, we just kill eachother. What animal on this earth is so destructive to eachother and its surroundings without concern at all for other life. Certainly we are far from perfect. So there is your answer for you to believe or not believe.

[  Edited by okcitykid at   ]
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok but take things into perspective. The only way that the adam and eve story could have reached the bible was to be passed orally. When someone tells a story it's different every time, people add parts, miss parts etc. To base everything on this is a little far fetched for me.

quote:
Jesus is the only Human being who didn't sin

I remember when I was young and in religion class our teacher mentioned Jesus sinning three times. He ran away from his father to go to the temple. He cursed God when he died and i forget the other. These are obviously not very big sins but they're still valid.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 39yrs • M •
quote:
I remember when I was young and in religion class our teacher mentioned Jesus sinning three times. He ran away from his father to go to the temple. He cursed God when he died and i forget the other. These are obviously not very big sins but they're still valid.

That's pretty amusing. First when Jesus stayed in the temple he explained to His parents that He must do the work of God not them obedience to God is not a sin.

He never cursed God, He asked God to forgive us for crucifying Him.

And I would like to hear what the third one was supposed to be...

64yrs • M •
Some people believe that the story of Adam and Eve is an historicle fact and others believe it is a story, not factual, about humanity.

Nobody says you have to believe that the story is an historacle fact. Most churches will welcome you anyways while many ministers, preachers and teachers will agree with you.

Again, this is about sin - but seeing that you bring it up. The story of how we ate a piece of fruit and discovered we were naked and hid from god, and I think I recall God helped us with our first set of clothes is an amazing piece of scripture. One could write a whole book about that one story if one was willing to investigate this.

Here's the deal - we are the only animal on the face of this earth who is ashamed of our nakedness. It is amazing that in the bible we find a story that tells us why. Take it for what its worth, something to think about.

39yrs • M •
quote:
and I think I recall God helped us with our first set of clothes

And their first set of close involved the killing of an animal. That's where sacrifices started blood must always be paid for sins.

64yrs • M •
The only place I know of that blood is mentioned in Genesis is after the flood, we are allowed to eat meat, but all the life must be gone from the animal by draining the blood.

I was taught that sacrifices was not the original tradition of the jews but was carried over from I believe the sacrifice to Bali.

The prophets and Jesus teach that it is not sacrifice that God wants.

1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy