"Life is like a mirror; if you frown at it, it frowns back; if you smile, it returns the greeting." - Wyote
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Immortal Technique

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Immortal Technique
so rap music has been a barren wasteland for a while now. sure there is some stuff with good messages, but the mainstream stuff is all about bitches and money. well, here is something a little different for you. Rap with purpose. hope you like.

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1132051095/Rap_Video_About_America

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Awesome Video..

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MJClone is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wyote that's a great video thanks for the share. I get sick everytime I hear rap now from 50cent to Paul wal. It's become horrific the way the use 2pac, ol boy from RUN DMC i forgot his name.

anyway rap use to be a ghetto public announcement for the urban youth to wake up shake the dust off. Vote, get a job, support your local community....etc. now it's all about pipe dreams.
I really would like to put a push for these guys into main stream; and Knock out Kayne West stupid bastard.

"what if I'm a clone?"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't understand you. First your saying that rap isn't what it use to be with positive motives. Then you reply that Kayne West is a stupid bastard. But, isn't he one to push for such things. With songs like Jesus walks and Diamonds are forever represent the message that you feel should be brought back to the rap community.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that IceMan04 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i definitly agree. i used to like rap, but the crap that is coming out today is just rediculous. most of these rappers just want to become rich and rap about it. most are a bunch of sell outs that put lame lyrics with cool beats to make cash. i like the old stuff when it acually ment something.

"I always say the truth, even when Im lying"
 46yrs • M •
Kayne West has not promoted a push for anything in the rap or urban culture. Sure he came on national TV and said the most disgusting idotic thing an Afro-American could say " BUSH dosn't like black people." What he meant to say is BUSH dosn't like Niggaz like me." That's the truth. With him saying that on TV totally makes it look like all blacks are just ignorant, bigot, hoot nannies. Kayne West is trying to rally the KKK for blacks only. His lyrics are racist. When he speaks he's like Mungaloid with an assualt rifle with no safety on. He just sprays what ever bullets are loaded in the clip. He has no particular target accept for whites. go to AZ lyrics.com and read his lyrics.

His comments make white people go into attack mode or defense mode, and for people like me who are trying to do more than live paycheck to paycheck don't need him making comments like that. Public Enemy was one of the greatest rap group that spoke against racism. People like Rv. Al sharpton, Rv. Jesse Jackson, they have no other agenda than to get their name out there.

"what if I'm a clone?"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Kanye is a fucking idiot. His first cd's main point was to try and convince young black teens that college is for suckers. The exact opposite of what a smart black role model would be doing. If Jesus really "walked with him" he wouldn't be shit-talking Bush during time he could be using to be uplifting his people and trying to get something done to help them. Golddigger..If you've seen the movie Ray then you know that the chorus to this was taken from a Ray Charles song that revolutionized the industry. I'm sure his stupid ass just looked at it and thought he could piggyback his own weakass lyrics on top, and revolutionize the rap game. Phew. But i do have to admit, whether i like him or not i still have both of his albums and think they are very very good. (dubbed, no way i'd give money to him) Talent doesn't equal brains. There are still many rappers coming out that are spreading wise words, you just have to look for them, because the media doesnt like people to think. Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, Living Legends, Mars Ill.... There are a lot of good christian rappers too. Mainstream music is for the mainstream.
Best thing i can say on this topic is that i've never listened to rap to get my morals, life lessons, or any advice anything short of robbing, getting fucked up, trickin bitches, killing, and fun words to use that make me sound cool if i say them just right, and not too often. I listen to mainstream rap and underground. I listen to music for entertainment. If it's entertaining, keep makin the shit.

"Everyone is anyone at anytime."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
start a new thread about Kanye or pop rap or whatever if you guys think all that is so important.

i just wanted to know what you thought of this video/group.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
so rap music has been a barren wasteland for a while now. sure there is some stuff with good messages, but the mainstream stuff is all about bitches and money. well, here is something a little different for you. Rap with purpose. hope you like.

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1132051095/Rap_Video_About_
America

Be more specific that that is all you want, and less of a dick.I took it as a thread on the subject not just the video. On those lines i feel our "side conversation was right on topic".

"Everyone is anyone at anytime."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
this is some of the funniest dhit i have ever heard

well it gets pertty good right before the second chorous. and i like his uses of the word "fuck".

this guy is not very smart. wow the monkeys were great. i could have made a much better video though. there were points when it was really boring. the same shot for like 30 seconds.

and im not quite shore what the emortal technique is.
this guy is clearly NOT broadcasting live from harlem newyork.
and i dont think that he has accepted that he could be wrong, he seems really arragent. "highjack a plane and fly it into your house
this guty seems real angry

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 46yrs • M •
awaken if i may call you that. The song is cynical i advise you go back and listen to it more than once. If it's boring then take your meds. and listen to it again.

"what if I'm a clone?"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
not the song. the video. and if you cnt read correctly.., go get glasses.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 46yrs • M •
AWAKEN YOU INSENSITIVE BASTARD i'm wearing contacts. how did you know i couldn't see. take your meds and go watch the f'in video again.

"what if I'm a clone?"
Immortal Technique
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy