I like to tell people I have the heart of a small boy. Then I say it's in a jar on my desk. - Stephen King
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Nothing but terrorism

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Nothing but terrorism
Remember when there was more to politics than battling terrorism? How about granting economic opportunities? Increasing literacy? Finding better sources of energy? Decresing the rate of rape and abuse? Improving public education?

Why do you think mainstream media focuses mainly on terrorists (who, oddly, all come from the Middle East or Pakistan, as though the rest of the world is devoid of terrorists)?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The US is in a state of decline and it needs the spotlight focussed elsewhere. With constant terrorist threats there is little time to worry about internal problems.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Obviously you've never heard a bush debate before. All he can relate to is the terrorists. I think Bin ladin haunts him in his sleep. If you continue making terrorism a big deal then it will be. What the terrorists want is to strike fear into the people. Maybe a little reverse psychology would work here. Give them no coverage. Completely focus on something else and when the issue is brought up just simply say, "Were working on it"

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
OK, so now hear this? [article from local paper] Wait a minute I have to find the newspaper?

OK, here we go again. Section B -- State & Local News
side bar headline -- Florida seeks new electricity sources
subheading -- High gas costs have officials weighing options
quote:
Tallahasee --Gov. Jeb Bush has been talking about burning sugar cane waste. In a few Florida counties, they're capturing & using the methane produced by rotting garbage in landfills. And Progress Energy and Florida Power & Light are bothplanning to increase prodution of nuclear power.

While the first 2 are the same useage (waste converted to energy) by different entities, the latter should take note to follow their lead. Just what are they going to do with nuclear waste?
Oh, the headline of the main section -- Swat Officer shoots eighth grader. Well, not long ago it was the use of taser (sp) [high volage stun gun] to subdue an elementary child.
Biblical -- Spare the Rod & Spoil the Child!

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If we focus on terrorism we miss what is really going on.

quote:
Just what are they going to do with nuclear waste?

Building a nuclear power plant is far more costly than windmills and solars panels. Think about all the money companies like Halliburton won't make. We can't have that. Cheney's 250,000 Haliburton stock is only now worth 8 million, we can do better than that, lets shot for 10 million.

It blows my mind, laws are being broken every day by our highest office, but you won't know about it unless you do a google search.

quote:
Obviously you've never heard a bush debate before

Haven't and don't want to. They only allow Bush supporters in those things - what a bunch of bull - just that is wrong. I have to believe that the exit polls were right - we couldn't have put this person in office?

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
Nothing but terrorism
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy