No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly. - wesdawgy
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What is Love - Page 2

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Love to me is a balance of personalities, traits, and a profound caring for the other person's views, opinions, and most importantly of all-feelings. Caring for thier physical and emotional state, while they care for yours, and trusting that you are in good hands and that you have nothing to worry about. I also find that it's looking her in the eye and seeing past it, until you see yourself looking back at you, while in your eye, she sees herself, such a balance can only be true. (No, I'm not talking Narcissism here, more of seeing in her what she sees in you, sorta, I can't put it down in characters.)

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 78yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jim Colyer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am 60. I do not think I have ever loved a woman. However, I have a 22 year old son and I love my son.

"Jim Colyer wrote Save The Planet."
 47yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tommybc98 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have contemplated all of these ideas about love for a long time - probably ever since my first crush - and it seems that the older I get, the more I want the ones I love to be happy. I do not believe that means dying for them, unless by dying, I could save their life.
Any other type of "dying for them" is a lack of self identity, and a need to be recognized.
No, I am 95% convinced that love involves wanting others to be happy to a large extent, and the ones who love me would not want me to die.

"Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time"
[  Edited by tommybc98 at   ]
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Love is misrepresented and misunderstood. The English language does a miserable job when it comes to love.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Extreme care, extreme want to be with, and the willingness to sacrifice against any and all odds.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • F •
nic269 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i think love is when u can only think of that one person nearly all the time and when no one else compares to them.

"Who cares what you own we leave this world alone"
 39yrs • F •
craziejessy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i think the same way but love is also stronger than anything else

"fear no one"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont think its right to try to define what love is, people react differantly to it, sum people run from it, some run to it. some would die for it, wheras others wouldnbt. if someone isnt able to die for me, it does not mean they do not love me. you'll know love when you feel it. i know i love someone when things that used to bug me about them starts to seem beautiful. love is an emotion, thats all love is. it can make people react in very strange ways. mankind wont ever be able to explain what is but once you have take care not to lose it.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You all don't define love in its most general sense, everyone just gives little bits and pieces of it for different circumstances. Would it be safe to say that love is a mutual fulfillment of needs and wants (in reply to heyjme's post, Would it be safe to say that love is mutually fulfilling the needs and wants of the participants involved?) Doesn't really change much... but thanks for the contribution...

If I met myself in a woman's body, would I love her? Are we all just looking for ourselves? A strong relationship is based on trust, and what is trust other than believing someone would do the same thing as you (or the right thing in your opinion) in certain situations. So maybe we're all looking for ourselves, or possibly our mothers (sigmund freud).

"The truth will set you on fire"
[  Edited by ChrisD at   ]
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
love is a verb, not a noun

""No words""
What is Love - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy