Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

why do we praise rational?

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
maybe it can be used in distinctively differnt ways (like when doing something.. then to philosophize of the way things are like what you wre doing i guess).. but i reasoned that we love reasoning for a selfish reason... maybe thats not a good title for what im thnikning.. but id likae to hear some of your thoughts first!

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
People find 'rational', 'clear', and 'meaningful' synonymous. Rational beings tend to believe that things have order and meaning. Those kind of people are afraid of irritaionality because irrationality has no motive or reason behind it, and we're naturally afriad of the unknown. So, to break it down people praise rational because people are afraid of irrational things and people.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with ^

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
cause when it comes right down to it reason is really all we got

"dont got one"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Some people need structure. They structure because of fear. Fear in chaos and lack of control. When you lack control you grab the rope tighter to regain control. People feel need to control because without it there's insecurity. Insecurity of difference, a different human being appears queer and not a mass. Why do we praise rational? I don't like we cause it includes myself. Why do they praise rational? It's safe. People enjoy safe.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M •
Someone who is always in control does not know how to handle uncontrolled for it is an unknown. Being the boring predictable person who takes no risks gets nowhere. Anyone can play the odds. Starbucks was a risk. Mcdonalds was a risk. Statistical probability would have meant that both of these institutions would have gone under. There's certainitly a very big difference between gambling and life. Gambling the odds are always against you "the house always wins". Life all options should at least be given a look at. I don't like to embrace the fact that impossible is actually impossible. The past doesn't guarantee the future.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yah yah, we praise rationality because it praises us.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 36yrs • M •
Given the circumstances starbucks did get lucky. Under a completely different set of circumstances I'm sure that another coffee shop could have taken it's place. It's just that Starbucks succeeded in the circumstances given to it and provided by its owners. One type of advertisement or another could have been more successful. Which I guess is where the research comes in. It reduces the margin of error and increases the affective ness in sales and such.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy