Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The greatest emotion of all - Page 2

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what?? in regards to your first post.. sadness can also motavate revenge in very high degres/// but then agani let me thnik again

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
if all your emotions are equal in worth, fantastic. but that doesn't mean that everyone elses is.

I presume you don't exactly understand the meaning of 'balance'. Over the course of life, we experience different emotions, and as a balance. I'm not giving a value judgement on which emotions are 'better' than the others. 'Balance' refers to the process. There is productive difference.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
[  Edited by summit at   ]
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that I have not entierly made myself clear. We all agree that there are many emotions. But tell me what emotion does not contain in some form or fashion either 'sadness' or 'happiness'. And if there was an absence of sadness on this planet, then no one would have any problems.
"with out sadness, no negative emotion would exist".
We would all run around happy as jay birds. Therefore no one would change anything because everything was good. But because of sadness "implemented" into our lifes. All of us 'philosophers' have questioned what the truth of existence is. Sadness is what gives us our "self awarness"
This is why it makes it the greatest emotion.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sadness pushes us foward to a better future, because we want happiness/joy/pleasure in our lives right? We do not enjoy sadness thus we strive for happiness!

But without happiness we would be sad constantly and never know of anything better thus creating a lathargic mind set that all of us would dwell in forever.

Without "Balance" of certain emotions one or the other would be become dominant and we would be completely different.

Sadness IS a great emotion.. Yes! But Happiness is also a great emotion!

Sadness - Happiness
Love - Hate
Alot of emotions fall under these categories. Like Depression relates sadness - Boredom relates to sadness and depression I believe. Anyways I think I got my point out for the most part. Much <3

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
[  Edited by Zato at   ]
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
why must we balance, why not take something as raw as emotion at face value.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This may be alittle off the wall but, i have always considered apathy to be the strongest of emotions. If you think about it all emotions hinder us in some way, so only apathy can allow you to see clearly. Though it would not be a very nice place to stay.

"What is true power?"
 35yrs • M
that is not posible, as the definition of apathy is lack of emotion.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 37yrs • M •
lack of emotions is only one definition of apathy, it also means

"1. Lack of interest or concern, especially regarding matters of general importance or appeal; indifference. "

Apathy is indeed an emotion. Being able to see clearly through apathy is because I think that most people feel that they have "hit rock bottom" or what not. I know what you mean when you say that apathy is the strongest emotion albiet I may not agree fully. I think that all emotions can be strong depending on that specific time in your life in which you are feeling them.

37yrs • M •
"why must we balance, why not take something as raw as emotion at face value."

Certain emotions may not be balanced yet I think that most emotions can be connected with an opposing emotion.

You have positive and negative emotions. Which oppose each other. Does anyone here believe that their are neutral emotions? I guess though when it all come down to it, it is all just a matter of opinion. Much <3

35yrs • M
most people feel that they have "hit rock bottom

thats almost. not quite apathetic. if yoy were at rock bottom you wouldnt feel anything.

44yrs • M •
Love and Hate are rated 10 I think in emotional strentgh, there really isn't a negative catagory. Just how strong they are. apathy is rated a 0, but it is still an emotion and can give clearity of thought. Though i admit apathy does not accomplish greats deeds, or rather you do not accomplish great deeds in the name of apathy.

"What is true power?"
 35yrs • M
0 means nothing

44yrs • M •
0 means nothing in terms of strength, not that it does not exsist

"What is true power?"
 35yrs • M
exactly. on a scale of emotion, apathy is non-existant

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
perhaps the absence of emotion is an emotion unto itself

"dont got one"
The greatest emotion of all - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy