Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

all powerfull

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
all powerfull
does all poweful mean able to create things that never existed like a whole new "thing" (not matter energy but something else .. does all powefull mean you can make it so that people can experince good without sufferuinmg.. does it mean that can change laws of physics etc?.. i dint know ill think it through then come back with some answers in another thread

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes. thats what it means. all = all. an all powerful person means all powerful. anything.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 40yrs • M •
or can do contradictory things? things that are not possible?

also on another note but i might as well not make a new thread can we think of something were not thinking of? like im thinknig of a red box that is dependent on matter and energy (my brain) but im only thinking of it as a shape red box etc but NOT as matter energy.. does this prove that i can think of something (matter energy) that im not thinking of (as i said if i dont think of it as that) that proves i can think of something im not thinking of?

35yrs • M
thats why all powerful is really un likely, because it means being capable of doing the impossible which means ethier nothing is impossible or all powerfull is impossible.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 40yrs • M •
good say..

can you answer redbox question? you imagining it is imagining matter but if your not thinking of imagining the matter then you can think of something your not thinking of right? or is this flawed.. can you back why it would be flawed..

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
we only have what we will.
basically it would just be an extension of our mind through our minds creation.

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 35yrs • M
thats to complicated
it is flawed because once we start thinking of start we are thinking of it.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
being all powerfull is a very complex thing. It is this fact that we as humans do not understand about God. We think on very small levels compared to him. In actuallity I think God laughed his ass off at this particuler thread.(no offense).
Here is what I think will help us reach a better understanding about what God is. We know that 1) God is everywhere. 2) Gods 'mind set' is an accumlation of every experience conceivable to man or otherwise. In other words, God is all indivdual souls put into one mind, all at the same time. Starveing kids, rich men, poor men, murders, theifs, lovers, sinners. 3) God is every physical thing as well at the same time. In other words, fire, rocks, water, birds, animals, fingers and toes.
It is possible that ,he is all these things at once and, at the same time, all these things co-exist by themselves.
Therefore , all-powerfull is to exist in all things imaginable, and all things not. So if you are thus, then there is no point in creating something that at the time (exist of doesnt exist) because you all ready are that.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Food for thought....
all things are matter, including physical objects, thought; knowledge and spirituality. Matter is anything occupying space and having space. Does 'God' take up space? yes. The ideology of 'God' is just a socially constructed thought. Power is a human construct, and therefore a thought of matter.

haha I just noticed a pun-thought of matter

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
this subject is a much debated thing, my friend is doing a-level theology at school, and there are all kinds of arguements about the how god can or cant be all powerful. an example is " if god is all powerful, then he can make a rock that cannot be lifted, but to be all powerful he must be able to lift it, therefore making him incapable of one of the two things. either its unliftable or he can lift it, the two are mutually exclusive." the one thing i got out of this is that theologians have far to much time and far to little of any import to think about.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
All powerful does not mean one must use all power. If one does not have the power to decide how to use all power then one is not in control and therefore not all powerful. If however one can choose to use more or less power then they are indeed powerful.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i really dont understand the arguements.
All-powerful is pretty self explanitory. No proposal or hurdle that our minds or wills can create can cause a problem to something allpowerful.

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 35yrs • M
it is extremly self explanatory and extremly simple. no all powerful does not mean one must use all powers, but it does mean that they have the capability of doing it as such, are capable of doing the impossible. as such if a power like that exist, in god or humans, nothing is impossible. and if that is to hard to swallow, then there is no "all powerful" and the christian god does not exist.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I like the argument about the rock created to be unable to lift. however, what if we are not matter, but just energy, our minds cause us to see the interaction of energy as an interaction with matter becuase we are unable to concieve of the universe god created as we currently are.

"What is true power?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ashrei: energy is matter, and vica versa.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
all powerfull
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy