Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

God Life and Mind - Page 3

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No. I believe in other forms of spirituality, but not a deity.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
to me god is conscience or the ability to will. i do not believe in the superior being who sees all and is evrywhere. i feel that everyone believes in the same god which is the existance of life. do you agree?

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
i feel that everyone believes in the same god which is the existance of life. do you agree?

Yes in the sense that all beliefs in a 'God' are a social construction. But, No, for the following reasons:
About 1-1.5 billion people aren't religious. Another reason why I don't believe that everyone believes in the same god is that, certainty about first principles or absolute truth is unattainable and that only perceptual phenomena are objects of exact. In other words, all beliefs are relative. The way we perceive the world, together with our knowledge is socially, culturally, and historically embedded. Human social diversity concedes different values, moral systems and thinking systems. There is no one absolute universal god. Whatever beliefs we hold they are provisional. There is productive difference.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
[  Edited by summit at   ]
 33yrs • M •
1whoneedsnoname is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
don't you believe in the principals that all religions worship a god, many have thier own views of how they see god so you can't really say that they are not worshiping one god because god in my own view is not just one thing so he is of everything that makes this life ( it's that some religion go about it in the wrong ways)

"human behavior remains the same only names and faces change"
 37yrs • M •
like i said God is life which is everything that has the oppertunity to will. i also believe God is as infinite in form and existance as is the limit of imagination.

33yrs • M •
1whoneedsnoname is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
eyestien is a genuis

37yrs • M •
relativity?

33yrs • M •
cuz hes a loser

33yrs • M •
no but really, i know this guy and he thinks outside of this world. He constantly seeks higher knowledge in order to find truth. He doesnt think like anyone else i know, and has inspired me to search for the hidden meanings within the hidden meaning.

37yrs • M •
are you guys really 15?
i agree he has alot of unorthodox insight. he seems incredibly smart and rooted, weird for a 15 year old.. weird to me anyways b/c when i was 15 i was dressed up in A&F chasing girls and addicted to drugs failing school. not proud but i cant argue with where i am now so im glad i got it out of the way.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eyestien is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes we are 15 I'm 16 now, but y can't you believe it so much

"I am samrt because I know I am dumb"
God Life and Mind - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy