Great minds have purposes; others have wishes. Little minds are subdued by misfortunes; but great minds rise above them - 68 firebird
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Something you always wanted to do in public - Page 2

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Singing and dancing in public with no fear of judgement or humiliation would be great

Are we talking in the streets or like performing?

This thread makes little sense to me because if I want to do something then I do it. If I have some sort of reservations then that means I don't really want to do it and therefore I do not do it.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Not performing, more like having a song in your head and just singing it outloud and dancing even though you know you probably dance terribly and look stupid.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
Not performing, more like having a song in your head and just singing it outloud and dancing even though you know you probably dance terribly and look stupid.

Ok just so we're on the same page. So what does stop you from doing it? Is it the public? Do you do those things by yourself or with friends?

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What stops me from doing it is fear of humiliation. I might sing and dance in my room, or, if I'm drunk, in front of my friends, but I'm a very private and reserved person, so it's not in my nature to just start singing out loud on campus, at the library, or on the streets. Plus, some of the songs I like are in other languages, so people would find that even more strange.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 39yrs • M •
This has nothing to do with private or reserved. If you want to sing and dance around in public then do so. I am a wierd combination of reserved/insane, I don't much like public places but if I'm there then I'll do what I feel like. Having people look at you wierd or think you're 'retarded' is half the fun.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So if I wanted to yell, "MY DAY SUCKS!" and annnoy people, or yell, "MEN ARE SUCH IDIOTS!" and offend people, is that ok, ethereal?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i personaly find that type of thing atractive. and i have very little fear of humiliation. ain't that right takeme.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
quote:
So if I wanted to yell, "MY DAY SUCKS!" and annnoy people, or yell, "MEN ARE SUCH IDIOTS!" and offend people, is that ok, ethereal?

I never said it was ok but maybe I should reiterate, by wanting to do something I mean wanting it enough to accept the consequences and as such I do not want to do things that get me into trouble I just like carefree entertainment.
But as long as no one gets hurt and no laws are broken then the worst people can do is think that you're stupid. If you want to do those things then go for it but remember that when you openly offend someone they usually will react to it so expect to be confronted.

41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i say go for it....do or say whatever you feel....as long as your not physicaly hurting someone,..........embarass yourself, embarass other people offend someone, make people stare....these are all things you should do once in a while.......i think it's healthy

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Theres nothing wrong with getting funny looks, or singing in public. i was walking down the road in the town i live in and realised i was getting some strange looks, soon realised that i was singing along to "rape me" by nirvana. though i will say, i think the sex in public is a bit far, mayb a public place, but out of view (and hearing range.)

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • F •
Yeah, lol, that's right awakened.
I have to admit, though, although I'm afraid of public judgement and humiliation, sometimes I'll just have a bout of total disregard of judgement. Mmostly it happens in situations where I think public nonsense is neccessary. For example: Wal*Mart. Two times I've gotten what I call "Wal-Mart phobia" where I start to feel all panicky and thinking we're all like cattle, just consumers, so I run to the kids department as a refugee among the toys. One time I found a Darth Vader mask and a red light saber and decided "Hey, why not?" and walked around the entire Super Wal-Mart humming the Darth Vader theme song. It was great to see people turn around and smile.
Surprisingly, little kids didn't care much. It was mostly the adults, young and old, who found it funny. They would either start making the deep breathing noises or say "Hey, Vader!" but none of it was in any way mockery of myself. They all thought it was great fun and had a joyful smile on their face. I would always bow in recognition or laugh maniacally towards the sky. It was great to break up the drudgery and boredom of the day, especially in a soul-sucking place like Wal-Mart. Last time I went I found the same Darth Vader mask but walked around playing a children's accordion I found in the toys section. People didn't think it was that funny because I didn't play the accordion that well, but I enjoyed it just the same.

47yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tommybc98 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
rancidkitty26, and anyone else who feels shame in showing their body nude -
Assuming you're not looking for a sexual experience, I would recommend modeling nude for a university life drawing class. I modeled nude for four years (age 24 - 27) and found that, after the initial paralyzing fear wore off, it was one of the most personally liberating feelings I have ever had in my entire life. Things to expect:
1) Of course there will be somebody in the class that is taking it so they can catch a glimpse of a naked person, but the class will be so structured that you may not even be aware of it.
2) Feeling the eyes of 20+ people on your naked body will bring you emotions from the entire emotional spectrum untill you start to feel more comfortable with yourself.
3) At some point, you will take a look at a drawing that one of the more talented artists has drawn and you will feel flattered and filled with such an unexplainable sense of "seeing yourself for the first time" that you will want to tell everybody about it - BE CAREFUL HERE - not everyone is comfortable with their own nudity, and may not receive the idea of you posing nude without judgement.

Oh - and as to what I would like to do in public that I have never done - I would like to say whatever I thought about somebody if something really caught my attention. I don't mean only the acceptable things, like saying "thank you" or telling someone that they were helpful. I also mean simple things like telling a beautiful woman that she is beautiful without her acting like I am trying to get in her pants.

"Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
soon realised that i was singing along to "rape me" by nirvana

I love that song, and I can imagine the quaint looks people would have shown.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
Something you always wanted to do in public - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy