Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

curious question..

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
curious question..
What if i believe and am guided in some way by a 'source' whatever that may be.. lets suppose it actaully was Jesus (as most christains would say is the only source to god)... so lets say it is jesus and being the only link to the christian god (and its hypotheticly the only god),

thats the senario here is my question.. if i really dont accept that source as being jesus does that mean i go to hell? if so to me that seems absurd or obscure especailly for this reason that >> jesus for me.. is a name..., lets say it was really him being the source, why would i go to hell becasue i dont fully accept it as the tiitle 'jesus' and the notions of have of him (man with a beard, who died for our sins), i mean if its him its him.. so can't i accept him wihtout the common image of him (a man who died for our sins on a cross etc).. i mean if its him its him so.. hmmm ok is it that I HAVE TO ACCEPT 'JESUS' DYING FOR MY SINS specificaly to avoid hell?? (assmuming i dont do anything else that can put me in there)

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Heaven is eternity with God Hell is eternity without God. So naturally if you choose not to accept Jesus and God then you choose to be seperate from Him and that is Hell.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
idiotic religions lessons 101: taught by etheral

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that xxxxchelseaxxxx is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hahahahaha ThAT was funny

"wit is only educated insolence"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
idiotic religions lessons 101: taught by etheral

If you're going to make fun of me at least spell my name right

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you don't listen to a calling of jesus then only in the eyes of catholics would you be sent to hell. But, catholicism is based upon their interpretation of the bible and the teachings of jesus christ. So it's entirely possible that he could of just been crazy. but another point is In the eyes of all religions jesus christ had useful lessons even if he wasn't the son of God. So, if Jesus was calling you why wouldn't you do it?

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 40yrs • M •
ethral.. i am aware that (christains geneally) believe that hell is eternity without god and heaven is eternity with god.. if you dont believe in jesus you cant get to god etc... im already aware of that that wasnt my question. (and BTW I didint say I was denying 'god', I said I might deny jesus)

and thats what my question was about.. maybe im not thinkng of the best way to ask the question.. ill try again LETS JUST SAY JESUS DOES EXIST...and all the christians on here believe that..

ok so lets say I AM listening to Jesus but to me its(jesus is) a 'source' and i dont recognise it(jesus) or reffer to it(jesus) as the label "jesus" follow me? and i dont think of this source(jesus) with the sterotypical mental images of jesus dying on the cross for our sins.. still again.. lets say i am going to Jesus but im not recognising it as the label jesus or the sterotypical images of jesus am i doomed to hell for eternity? i dont like this

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
on the topic of belief and consequence, the bible (old testament) says that a man who chooses to eat meat, and a man who chooses to obstain from the same, are both "right". it then goes on to say that the one who does choose to eat meat is no more right than the other; however, if the man who chooses to eat meat repremands the other- he is in the wrong. the topic is concluded with the idea that whatever a man does and feels "right" in doing so, is in fact justified. one who chooses to do something they do not feel justified in- even if it theoretically "not right" will invariably suffer the consequences and reprocussions of his actions.
how he will suffer is left up to question.

and about jesus being our connection to the godhead...

that is what the entity referred to as the holy spirit is for.

he is the conduit for communication to jesus, who then relays the message to god.

not saying theres more to the story or even that it is right,

but that's the just of it.

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
 39yrs • M •
Patape I don't really see what you are getting at unless you are saying that you do not believe that Jesus is the Son of God who died for our sins?
If you do not believe in the works of Jesus then you do not believe that He saved you in which case you have no connection to God.
Again I am not sure what you are really asking

40yrs • M •
ok so you believe i that i have to believe he saved me, if i dont believe that part then i cant get conneted to god... hmm ill try it out.. but to me i think i get the 'source' that might tell me im fine and kinda put me in comfort tate.. and i dont believe i accepted jeus for dying for my sins.. maybe ill try that tho .. would i be allowed to believe jeusus's works subconciously (actually i guess i wouldnt know it or the concious state now wouldnt) but i wonder if i can get away with it if my subconcious which is a part of me beleives in the works of jesus but not my concious.. becasue i dont think the bible specifies that (i mean theres so many different sides to people, even die hard christians im sure went through opposing phases in their life and maybe its still like that stored in differnt areas of their brain.. i might have veered too off topic there..as

curious question..
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy