Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Neutral Religion

User Thread
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Raptafairious is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Neutral Religion
OK, so there is a whole bunch of religions supporting god, then theres Atheist. Now me, I neither support god, nor am against him. Im not sure but i think thats called, Acentric, which means one with no center. This has been really bugging me but is there another word for this, and is there such thing as a neutral religion?

"I'm just another person in this place, which is why its my advantage."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes there is such thing as a neutral religion. Its called Agnosticism.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TRANCEND is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i was about to answer him.
but correct, thank you summit.

"\WHEN YOU CANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
agnosticism has nothing to do with being "for" or "against" God, but rather that God's exsistence can not be disproved nor proved.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TRANCEND is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
thanks for that clarification wyote, but i think that's what he meant.

"\WHEN YOU CANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Raptafairious is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Tnx everyone

"I'm just another person in this place, which is why its my advantage."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
maybe as people are busy taking these sides 'there isnt a god' 'there is a god' '' i dont know if theres a god'.. theres something out there thats laughin at us some truth that isnt like anyones image of god (creator, all loving knowing judger etc) and isnt like how athiest or non god believers would imagine the world (by the way i think everyone covers athiest to theist side, there is not one single person who can only be labeled one of them, thats being ignorant and narrow minded to me).. but maybe something else unlike what we think that is significant in a certain way exists and we dont know aobut it.. and do our thinking including god and no god thoughts...

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 36yrs • M •
neutralminded1 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
what have i stumbled into?...... i can't beleive i found this site. i looked up " neutral religion " in google and this is what i got.

agnosticism...... last time someone called me agnostic i got slightly pissed off. of course, i have a VERY difficult time beleiving the current religions. especially seen as most of them can be looked at as a means of social control, which is no doubt what they were meant to be back in the day.

but it is now the year 2008. social control has long been established, and with that the use of religion has been reduced to a contest of the faiths, and in the end the contest yeilds no winner.

according to christian theology i'm going to hell cause i don't accept christ as gods son and my savior......so be it. i'll rot in hell, but till then i have better things to do while i am still alive in my own hell. honestly if all religions are like christianity then it's a mystery why everyone hasn't just gone atheist.

this random rant is getting rather long.....to sum this up i will tell you a little something about my house. IT'S HAUNTED! and no i am not crazy. my whole family beleives this. now, if the dead can still float around and alter our world then there must be some sort of energy or something that can keep them here.....my theory is there is no god, BUT there IS spiritual energy. i often vision the afterlife and god as one huge ball of pure dead energy from the souls of all life that once existed, and the ball is just floating in an empty realm of endless space.

my theory on religion is just a simple beleif that what i see before me is not everything that i have to look forward to. it just gives me something to keep my spirits up. i almost can't wait to die. it will releive a lot of curiousity.

"in life, there is chaos. in death, nothing. fix the chaos, and in death you will find peace."
[  Edited by neutralminded1 at   ]
Neutral Religion
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy