Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Boyfriend on drugs

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Boyfriend on drugs
someone i work has had a boy freind for 4 years. she found out tonight that he is on meth. she found out three years ago that he tried it, and he promised her that he would never do it again. i tried to give her the best advice i could. i said that "he lied, keep that in mind always. also all my experince with drigs have been bad. they took my dad over, my uncle, everyone else ive knonw. that doesnt mean that he will turn out that way. i dont how how he will turn out, but it has never been good for me."

help me help her. please.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The important thing to remember with drugs is that people react differently, even with alcohol. It also affects people differently on a day to day basis. My advice for her is to support him off the drug unless vilence comes into the scene. I say this because if she breaks up with him and he becomes depressed then drugs is an easy answer. This is possible to bring the two even closer together if he recovers and she was with him during his "darkest hour". Even the best of us can make big mistakes sometimes. But, of course if agression arrises then it's obvious to turn away.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Never trust a Meth addict.

I'm dealing with a pure alcoholic who decided to add Meth to his addiction. He is completely and totally obsessed with me, and when he started doing Meth...shoot...I can't even BEGIN to tell you what I have been through.

Let's just say I live in another city now....yet the harrassment will not stop.

I am waiting for him to hit rock bottom....(and praying he does)

Tell your friend to talk to him about it. If he wants help, by all means support him.

If he dosen't want help...tell her to run like hell.

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that WelshDude is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
phone lines, there are several numbers that can be called and professional help can be given over the phone, support him through it, it'll help alot, do NOT push it to far, if you keep on and on about they'll just get annoyed and the situation wil get worse, and thats about it, best of hope

73yrs • M •
kantho is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Evilias advise is right on........I have "run like hell" with my lover twide before and still came back to him. Now, once again , I am trying to "run like hell".....so I have proved to myself it cannot get better if he keeps saying ""hey, drugs is not an issue" "just dont go there" etc etc
I have given it as much as I know how, and now I am even starting to think I may be hooked on Meth (may be) SO PLEASE, RUN LIKE HELL.........

"happiness is something you never experience, but will always remember"
Boyfriend on drugs
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy