Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

When I feel pain, I.... - Page 2

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The best way i've found to deal with pain ( very difficult and often times makes seems a bit cynical depending on the topic) is to stop think about how i can't do anything about things that already happened wish myself luck for next time and move on. and again i realize this is excruciatingly hard to do especially in the emotional state. honestly though, usually just cry and mope around till i finally realize that it's not helping me any (sometimes months).embarassingly weak of me i know.

"Everyone is anyone at anytime."
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I sit in the bath and cry where nobody can see me, I then write about it, make myself believe there isnt a problem anymore and carry on as normal. I talk to myself too, as if im talking to someone else, so I look in the mirror and explain why im hurting so badly, or I call someone I love and tell them, and wait for them to say something to make me feel better, anything, just as long as I know somebody cares. I very rarely call people though, I have learnt to comfort myself, because I never let myself down when i need comfort but other people do, all the time.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
WHEN..! I feel pain again...

It's been a long time since I could relate to anothers tolerance for pain... I am an injured disabled vet of the Marine Corps from the first gulf war....

I am in constant pain... for the past 12-15 yrs. i sought out physical pain to feel anything at all... I have injuries that progress and can never be reversed... pain...

Now I simply concentrate... I allow my mind to seek and search for the actual "center" of the pain... the funny thing is we aren't sensitive enough to sense our synapse.. so when you concentrate on where the pain is coming from... it dissappears...

Really...

I've even done it with cigarettes and cigars and have the scars to prove it... and pain dissapates when you concentrate...

Resolve is what we lack... if we consign ourselves to failure...

With this resolve and my special circumstance I have learned that pain is temporary...

Discipline is forever...

Not enough...? fight me... now adays I don't even want to win... I just want to hurt you...

Ha' !

Emotional pain is no different just requires a further mental exercise... planning

then add resolve... and you are free..

D

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Adam , that a very interesting take on pain. And can relate to alot of what you said. The next time I feel physical pain I will try your technique out and see if it works.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah old soldiers fade away... ha'! an you've got a yr on me..!
So you're my big brother in pain

one caution... concentration IS an acquired thing... not at all natural or in equal abundence within us all...

developing it by practice can be tidious sounding but it's fun and will affect every aspect of one's life...

if someone wanted to test their concentration... just try thinking of one thought... or a number... or the word - Om - for the buddhists...

Just holding a single thought can be difficult... but it will teach you one thing about your subconcious...

You only think as you breath... you should be able to think independent of breath... but I found that to be quite impossible... which was like nature telling me I must control my breathing to control my thinking... hmph... not so in charge that I don't have to follow the apparent rules... who set the rules.. who cares..

That wasn't much of a caution... O.k.... here - caution: frustration is the mirror of the search for peace... ha' - in a good mood...

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
When I feel pain, I.... - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy