It's funny how in your eyes I'm a 'freak'... but look through my eyes and you're the freak. - last_song
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Last Concert You Went To

User Thread
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Last Concert You Went To
The title is pretty self-explanatory. Just talk about your last concert experience.

The last band I saw in concert was Against Me! at the Social in Orlando. Good set, lots of good songs, but it still wasn't as good as the time I saw them at Will's Pub (where, if you buy their DVD, you can see me near the stage with an Operation Ivy shirt on). The Social is smaller than Will's Pub, but it's just not as intimate. They ended up playing a lot of songs from their new album which I haven't gotten burned from my friend Marissa. Either way, it was weird to see a review of their album in Spin when all of my friends know the band really well and Sean used to live in their old house. Either way, it was fun. I was drenched with other people's sweat, more than any concert I've been to in the past, but it was okay. It makes you feel like a soldier, or a single witness to some awe-inspiring experience(which a good concert always is). That's how we all looked, covered in bruises and each other's secretions, sitting on the curb, cars inches away from smashing our toes, grinning like the idiots we were glad to be.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Green Day - Sept. 19, 2005

it was the second time seeing them this year. i was pretty far back this time, not in the pit like before. in some ways it was nice cuz i could see the band the whole time and in others it wasnt as good cuz the energy wasnt nearly as high. there were about twice as many teenie boppers as before. a bunch of people who only knew songs off American Idiot. i started to chuckle when Billie played 2000 Light Years Away and the younger kids got this sort of confused look on their faces. Tre sang the "secret song" which i had never seen him do in concert before, so that was nifty. overall a great show, an excellent early bday present

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Conception Day- 16th Sept, 2005

An awesome music and drinking fest at my university, celebrating its b'day and last day of term. Aussie and NZ bands and DJs. 3 stages, inside and out. Basically it was a massive piss-up...very very funny.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sept 14/05 Queensrÿche

Second time I have seen them perform the entire Operation Mindcrime album.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
[  Edited by etherealmeekle at   ]
 58yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that RaTyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Summer of 2003 - was a festival at outdoor stadium. Pretty sure Queensryche was on the bill. Couldn't tell you for sure cause I got tickets free, showed up wasted, and got removed before the first band went on stage for passing a joint that wasn't mine (that's a lie ) but i did enjoy the nice county sheriff station set up outside the stadium where processing went on.

Didn't enjoy the court date later.

Needless to say......I don't smoke the chronic anymore (in public or in private - got old and grew out of it I guess).

Last concert I actually got to see was Rollins Band the year prior, i think.

""I do not wish my pockets to be searched.""
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Massive Concert- Big Day Out Jan26th 2006- Australia Day
There were 8 stages spread out.

The White Stripes
Iggy & The Stooges
Franz Ferdinand
Kings of Leon
Henry Rollins
The Mars Volta (favorite band)
Mudvayne
Soulwax
2 Many DJs
Sleater-Kinney
The Magic Numbers
The Living End
Shihad
Wolfmother
End of Fashion
Gerling
Dei Hamo
The Go! Team
Mikey Dread
The Subways
The Greenhornes
Kid Kenobi plus MC Sureshock
Youth Group
Faker

crowd: 60,000

"The summit is just a halfway point"
[  Edited by summit at   ]
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wormtownandy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
B. B. King - Foxwoods - January 14th

despite the fact that the man is hardly able to stand anymore, he still puts on an amazing show. has the feel of just hangin out with friends.

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that neuterdbynature is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Last concert I went to was this past Friday [jan 20]. I saw Social D. it kicked ass!!!!

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mindfields19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Tonight; I saw a solo performance by the frontman of Meat Puppet (80's pre-grunge underground band) at a bar called Automatic Slims.

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I went to a Food Not Bombs charity show at the Orpheum in Ybor City last night. It was a great night with just completely awesome people that make you glad to be alive. Me and my friend Courtney clapped and danced to the beat of The Folkadots, Rio de la Muerte, my friend Chico (he wasn't even gonna play until thankfully Rio forced him into it), Evan Greer, and The Gainseville Liberation Orchestra. Very cool bands, zines, and good-hearted people are working together for a good cause.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Valentines Super Love Jam

The SOS band, WAR, Harold Melvins Blue Notes, The Intruders, Carl Calrton all great performances, oldies and old school, The SOS band was pretty live after all these years and WAR was fantastic......its a trip how many performers at their ages can still give a hellave a show....

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Iron Maiden_

Maybe 6 months ago? I was actually in the front row and Bruce Dickenson sang Children of the Damned with me. He REALLY did. (I know you don't believe it but its true, i swear) After....omg, I was actually drinking WINE that night, TONS....I lifted my shirt to him like a hoe, and he jumped off the wall he was on, and walked away.

People say he is gay.

I am in disbelief.

I am a hot chick, lol.

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm sure he is gay, why else would he leave the presence of a hot chicks breasts?

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Warped Tour 05 at The Gorge... it ruled.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hahahaha!! Cause dees hot chicks breasts aren't BIG!! Lol.

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
Last Concert You Went To
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy