Doing a good deed is like wetting your pants... Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth. - sweetpea3295
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Blowing Smoke Over New Orleans

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I watched the president's speech last night. So did my dog. My dog doesn't like Mr. Bush. My dog growled at the TV set the whole time the president spoke. Seeing that my dog is now a national threat, for his protection, I'm not going to give his name, I don't care how much my government might torture me.

I don't usually bother to watch the president when he has his little speeches, but I had to see if he was really taking responsibility or if he was just blowing smoke.

Conclusion – he's just blowing smoke, and the scary part is – I honestly believe he believes he can do all the things he says he can do and not put our country into bankruptcy.

I see a picture of a man who does not believe at all that he is responsible for this mess, rather I see a man who sees himself as a night in shining armor coming to save the day. Does he honestly believe he is going to save them from himself – he's delusional.

Here's the deal – to do what he wants to do he has to either raise taxes and cut missile defense or raise taxes and bring our troops home, I didn't get a hint that he will do either. So this is what I foresee: You know all those troops coming home injured and traumatized, we're going to thank them for their sacrifice and ignore them. Isn't that what's already happening? Well – it will just have to happen more. After Congress fixes that problem, we're going to ignore old people, after Congress fixes that problem, maybe by then we can bring our troops home. And all that stuff he promised New Orleans, well – expect some of it, you didn't really think we would get all of that did you? And then for the next thirty years we can all work hard to pay off our national debt, all of us except for Mr. Bush – our night in shining armor who will go down in history as the hero who saved us from himself – well, sort of. That is, if this isn't the end of time.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy