You're just a piece of the puzzle so I think you had better find your place, but don't go blaming your knowledge on some fruit you ate. - iSOUGHT|THOUGHT
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why try to understand what we can't change?

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
can someone give me a good reason why we should bother asking questions we cant change the world can we?

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ultima is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
cuz if we never ask these questions or never question whats goin on, then change will exist, and we shall always be governed by a controling party. Dont ever say its not worth it, for if word passes quickly enough, it can spark a wild fire, one big enough to catch the attention of those it reflects.

"take chances, make mistakes, and get messy"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
we may not be able to change the world, but someone somewhere will be able to. if we dont ask the questions, then they may not know that there is a problem.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing" Edmund Burke

The only problem now is we don't know good from evil

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
honestly. how many of us have tried to save the world. i'll try. i promise. i promise. i just need to figure out the most cost effective way. thats why i ask qeustions 'cause im poor.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
In order to change the world you must be able to answer the question what is good?

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
In order to change the world you must be able to answer the question what is good?

To positively change it yes, and the keyis in triyng to make everyone happy-though noone has a perfect cure

""No words""
 39yrs • M •
You will never please everyone though

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That is true.

""No words""
 35yrs • M
you said that the only way to positvly change the world is by answering a qeustion as if that is the undiniable truth. how can you be so sure. maybe your wrong. i hope you are. i dont think god has anything to do with it. i think people have everything to do with it. we are the ones killing each other. not god. we are the ones detroying our planet not god. we are the ones with our heads in the air not god. no. not even we. you. i dont meen you directly, just not me. i, as scary and arrogent as this sounds, think that i am getting alot closer than most people. i dont know what to. but im getting closer. maybe thats what we need to answer. what are we getting closer to. please help me find an answer. and please dont use religion, thats just to easy, no, i just want something uniqe. something diferent. something closer. and we can please everyone. its just a matter of trying. go out tommorrow and please someone. tell them what i just said, and tell them to please 2 people, and so on and so forth. its not orriginal or "closer", but its something. iv'e got more but this sis getting long. so....yeah.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We question because we are curious. We are highly sophisticated organsisms. The "great mysteries" become topics of personal research. With an open mind, answers (or reasons) can be obtained from the environment and the Universe. This way one can take life's path, using their own desires as a guide, independently of a faith-based god. And as a result one can obtain self-actualisation.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 35yrs • M
but that doesnt really make the world better, and we're still no closer.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
awakendwraith- I was responding to the initial question of this discussion- why do we question.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
[  Edited by summit at   ]
 35yrs • M
well throw me a bone, and try and answer mine.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
why for "chagning the world", i have fun questioning and proposing theories that are not about morals.. well they can analyze that and say ey thats just the way it is this happens that happens whats the point kinda thing.. me doing anything is autmoaticly changing aspects fo the world at least all the actions i casue becasue of me casuing them..

"no quote until i copyright it.."
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy