Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

depression or alcoholism

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that firstright89 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
depression or alcoholism
i am about to enter a period depression or alcoholism even though one of them is legal i'd 'ave to say the second one would be my choice. I am happy now but that will all change. I dont really need advice because i know what will happen but still im looking for input or pity or watever you have to offer me. i also feel like ranting but i will do that when it is neccesary which is every weekday coming up for the next 4 yrs.

"choose to be happy today"
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
find someone you trust who you can talk to about these feelings. Let them know what you are thinking and why you feel this way. your state of mind- struggle and hopelessness- limits what you are able to notice and feel. It's hard to recognize there is an alternate way of seeing things when your rapped up in denial but you will see you actuallycurrently have many choices open to you. From there you can build a different way of living where you don't see yourself with limited choices. that's the point; you only think there is less; really theres a whole ocean of choice: you could be the next best Mohammed Ali, Bill Gates, President or Einstein.

""No words""
 71yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that dibs is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I understand completely where you are coming from. Been there done that - Got the freaking T-shirt and threw it away !
when you wake up from the drunk, the problem will still be there but now you will have a hang over to boot. I know it may not stop you from drinking but it sounds like you already know that is not a solution - maybe a distraction but certainly not a viable solution -- the feeling of helplessness and hopelessness is strong and overpowering when one is depressed -- by reaching out to others for a healthier distraction - you may find some mindless entertainment

More importantly, do you have the ability to get some professional help ? Do you feel like it would help ???
I know once I got some help I was much better -- not that the depression doesnt hit me now and then -- like tonight for instance -- weird that I see this post on a night that I am feeling depressed myself -- Hang in there -- in my case I dont feel hopeless everyday -- and I cherish those days that are good -- and hang on to my boots when the days are bad !!!

"Let your heart guide you ..... It whispers, so listen closely!"
 37yrs • M •
i wear boots its part of m y uniform as us military
the reason i will be depressed is because im switching to a unit and a new company that play 'explitive explitive' games all day.you know corporal tell me to do this (no questions asked till the order is completed) sgt tell me to do this and a stupid lance corporal tells me to do this. but hey its how the marine corps is supposed to be. i do not wish to become a mindless drone though

71yrs • F •
Sounds very frustrating !!! Maybe it wil help by thinking of it this way -
This too shall pass - this wont be for the rest of your life -you are more than a Marine !! But I have to say that you should be very proud that you are a Marine !!! and in yrs to come you may see this experience as character building -- of course that wont get you through it now -- how about this -- when one or your superiors is acting an ass -- think in your mind something totally absurd and humorous about him -- like he has a third eye -- or maybe he has no teeth -- anything that can help you get "through" it with less stress -- I used to think of my superior as a "Ass" I mean a Jackass -- donkey like - and in my mind -- here I was in front of a talking Jackass --

take it day by day and let it go when you can -- I would want to say that you need to leave your job at work and realize that you are more than just your job but in the position that you are currently in - that is just not possible -- although i have never been in the military -- i am what they call an air force brat - -my dad was in the air force when i was a kid

take it easy -- talk to you soon
Dibs

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The military does not produce mindless drones. Some people become mindless drones through military activity but it is because they do not think in the first place the key is to weed out those ones label them 'private for life' and then work the good ones. The better you are the worse they treat you but in the end you only get better.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 37yrs • M •
yeah have you ever been in the marine corps i guess it would be better if you had a clue to military life and the difference between a grunt unit and a headquarterz unit.
i should be fine as long as i find an output for my stress from work every day

71yrs • F •
This could be a good outlet for you -- Writing --
Ignore those that you disagree with and take the good that you see --

Take care !
D

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My military experience is limited to a brief term as an army reserve but still I have a sense for the way they operate. Unless the American army is stupid they would not train people to be mindless. Sure mindless people make good cannon fodder but if you are seen to have potential any army would be stupid to let you waste your abilities.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
depression or alcoholism
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy