Life is a journey to nothingness, one cannot know something he has not experienced. - Fayt
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Fear of deployment

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that firstright89 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Fear of deployment
what would your fears be if you were deploying to the Middle East

"choose to be happy today"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that firstright89 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im afraid of not being in any combat and the army(alltogether their pretty scarier with all their friendly fire and the ooh i cant shoot even if he's firing at me)

"choose to be happy today"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I had the same fears about if I went to Nam, a friend who had been there said, you'd be surprised what you can do.

But I hear that the worst part is the living conditions.

Mostly you check people's I.Ds

If you're afraid its because you're smart and if you were going there to protect your moma here at home, I'm sure you would be willing. No one wants to face death without a real cause.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that bmxbiker16 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I been to the middle east already, when I 1st went it was still pretty nasty and I went fearing I was gonna be shot in a major firefight or get blown up by a bunch of daisychained IED's. Nowadays you really have nothing to worry about, The IED threat and the possibility of an armed engagment are still there...but It has really calmed down since when we 1st went.

"I may disagree with what you say, but i'll defend to the death your right to say it"
 64yrs • M •
Well that's good news. I hear different things, I hear its getting worse and I hear its getting better. I guess it depends on where you are.

Keep your head down and stay safe and hopefully by the end of this year we'll be getting all of you home.

39yrs • M •
Ya, its all location, Baghdad only has a IED every once in a while. Places like Balad and Mosul are more of a hot spot.

Im goin a 2nd time "soon" (cant say when), not too worried about goin again, still hate the Idea of goin again tho.

"I may disagree with what you say, but i'll defend to the death your right to say it"
 64yrs • M •
I don't want u to go back there either but I understand u might have to.

I keep hearing that Jordan is going to war on al Qaeda and I'm wondering why we aren't working together on this, then the middle east would see us more as liberators rather than occupiers - if only we had better statesmen in charge - oh well, gotta work with what we got - U stay safe your second time around - and if you can avoid it, there's no crime in it, you've been there, u done your time.

39yrs • M •
1st time I went was with the Navy, and I came back for R&R in the middle of my 1st 6 month tour. Now Im in the Army, and this deployment will be Most likely double to Triple the time I spent there the 1st time.

People over there look to the Mail room for support and a Morale boost. You wouldent believe how good it makes you feel when you recieve something from a total stranger.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok so i dont fully fit into this question but I feel that it still deserves a response. I fear Bush reinstating the draft and me getting wisked away to go fight his damn war. So unless he has to reinstate the draft due to a country attacking us under the right reasons id say screw you bush and try to get out of drafting.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 39yrs • M •
Ya, I dont support the war anymore either.

And I will say this before, and will say it agian, THERE WILL BE NO DRAFT...Maybe 10% of our full force is fully deployed right now, and all the stuff you hear about recruitment being in a bind...thats not really true either.

64yrs • M •
Two reasons there won't be a draft - we can't afford it and we'd have to take that tax brake away from those rich people and two, I believe a piece of legislation did go thru that would require everyone to be drafted, even the sons and daughters of those in Washington. People like Cheney, Bush and Rumsfield who escaped service in Vietnam would be drafted into Iraq.

I never have figured out how you get pictures into these posts, but just click on the link:

http://photos.bravenet.com/362/686/737/4/journal/phonecam_large.jpg

54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would miss the CRAP out of my kids, and fear that I would never come home.

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
Fear of deployment
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy