It was the best of times it was the worst of times, it was the time of happiness it was the time of sadness. - Samwell
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Support The Troops - Impeach The President, and Su

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Support The Troops - Impeach The President, and Support Cindy Sheehan

I have a bumper sticker on my car that reads, "Support The Troops, Impeach Bush." A week ago, people would have laughed at me, but because of all the noise Cindy Sheehan is making, nobody's laughing.

Some people are getting concerned and are attacking on two fronts:

1) Cindy Sheehan is a Democrat who didn't vote for GW. You got me there; because you're absolutely right, she is a Democrat and she even admits that she didn't vote for GW. But you know what else, Cindy Sheehan is also a mother and her son died in Iraq.

One might wonder, why Cindy? This reminds of the song where the devil comes and tempts me but I'm gonna be president because my momma loves me. I find that her son was extremely patriotic who was active in the church and did pretty good in school. He volunteered for a second tour of duty and died as a casualty of war. A good young man who's life was stolen by a lie. It pisses me off and makes me angry and want to throw rocks, and I'm not even related. It wasn't like he joined the military because he needed discipline like I did. He had the discipline and he loved his country and he had a mother who loved him very much, and maybe he could have been President? The fact that she is a Democrat makes Democrats look pretty good, unlike the immoral people who don't go to church according to the media polls and the fact that she didn't vote for GW just proves that she had good judgment, seeing that we now know that GW lied - what can I say.

2) Don't impeach the President. I found two articles, and these articles are proof that we're getting close and people are getting concerned. They were very good articles, admitting that Bush lied and that we shouldn't have gone to Iraq. I do appreciate that they didn't try telling me that I was wrong for calling Bush a liar and that we were doing this because of 9/11 - because that kinda stuff is just pissing me off. They were very good articles written by people who realized that a crime had been committed but respected the office of the President. I do remember this world when Nixon was impeached, it was not a pretty world, and I can sympathize. But is this pretty now?

a) This is a democratic republic, our government officials are elected, and the only way that this system works is that we respect our elected officials because we put them there. Some, me included, are not so sure that Mr. Bush was honestly elected into the office of President, but that's not the worse problem, the worse problem is that the American people just don't like GW. Most of us knew that we were being lied to, but believed that things would work out for the best anyways. Things having gone sour, we're now admitting that we've been lied to and we're getting pissed. The fact that the American people are not behind their President only gives terrorist and a whole slew of other criminals and bad guys ammunition to do evil, believing they are justified because we don't like our President. There will be many failures in all of our endeavors if we have no confidence in our President. I'm telling you - every day that Mr. Bush stays in office, things will continue to get worse - simply because we don't like our President. If there isn't a law that the President should go just because the people don't like him, then there should be. Because if that's the only reason to get rid of him, that in itself is a pretty good reason. Remember, he has over three more years to go. If he's going to continue to be President for that much longer, the thought of that scares me. I'm sure that by then the whole system of government will collapse before that happens - I predict that Mr. Bush will not complete his Presidency - unless, by some miracle he admits to his misdeed and works to turn this nation around from its erroneous direction. But that's not going to happen. So a Bush impeachment will happen.

b) This is a nation governed by a system of the people by the people. It's really something to be proud of and worthy of dieing for. It should be an honor to serve your country and we should honor those who do. While some might say this is no longer true, I say why? Our fore-fathers didn't just wake up one morning and say, "today is a good day to have a system by the people for the people, make it so" and was so, and it was good. Na-don't think so; people fought and died to create this system and I'm telling you now, if you want to keep this system, you're going to have to fight for it, and only when you are willing to do this can you call yourself an American. If you can admit that Bush lied and that we shouldn't have gone to Iraq then you must confess that a crime has been committed, and if this is a government by the people, we need to take action if we want this to continue to be our government; otherwise we will be ruled by crooks and thieves and any and all injustices our government does is on our hands. And I can say a whole lot more about this, but I don't think I have to. The office of the President of United States is not above the law and if we treat it as if it was, then always it will be, and this will no longer be a government of the people, but rather a government of the President, a dictator voted into office - don't think so and you shouldn't either.

By Roger The Okcitykid 08/12/2005 - You have permission to cut, paste, copy and post or send to whomever you like via any method available without prior notificaton.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy