Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

If You Believe Strong Enough, It Can Happen

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
-tHIS fits In Politcs and Religion - i Figure it can gO Here -

quote:
I'm a U.S. citizen, tax payer with active service to my country under my belt, this is my government that works for me, and I demand justice and fairness. I'm not a lawyer, but just a man with enough common sense to know the difference between justice and injustice, fairness and unfairness. Should a man who has lied to Congress be president of the United States, if that lie is responsible for thousands of deaths? No, of course not. So, this man should be impeached, right. I have been ignored and already some laugh at me, but can they express logic, or do they have none?

Some believe that impeaching Bush is impossible and can't or won't happen, to them I quote, Jesus 'Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.' For those who may not believe in Jesus, I feel sorry for you.

I say, 'Impeach Bush,' because it is the just and fair thing in the name of all those who have died for a lie and I believe it will happen.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Faith is the driver; without it you will not achieve anything. But truth will prevent you from doing certain things like lifting up 1000 tons of concrete. The latteris common sense; the former should not be forgotten.

""No words""
 64yrs • M •
In the Scriptures of Thomas (not found in the Bible) we find that

quote:
(48) Jesus said: If two make peace with one another in this one house, they will say to the mountain: Be removed, and it will be removed.

Which is probebly more true - but, I just throw at them what they believe.

But I believe that if enough people believe something strong enough, they can make it happen.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well seeing as your quoting from the Bible I'll try and harmonise with some science.

Technology is fastly overwhelming the comprehension of the individual so much so that the common person only sees snippets of information. Anyway like when people have bionic arms it is possible that if the correct neural tranmittors? are wired properly then electrical impulses can allow that person to conciously control an artificial limb.

It is conceivable that will power can move object by either some electromagnetic impulse which affects media or possibly by cosiousness or possibly a spirit dimension affecting the physical. I'm putting strict chains on this thought though because it can go wildly over the top. However, I say this is possible...and only possible.

Thus the possibility of collective will, or what you will!, could affect media.

A Jesuit named Pierre Teilhard De Chardin once seculated that from electrons on protons came atoms, then molecules, which formed organic molecules. Eventually as thresholds were crossed the next step would be a transition from the biosphere to the noosphere, which was a kind of layer taht covered the world in a collectiveness of minds.

The truth is out there as X-files claims

""No words""
 64yrs • M •
I think someday we will discover that religion is a belief in science and that science is the evidence of religion.

But however it works - I do believe there is a power of suggestion, and the more people believe it, the stronger it will be.

Anyways - believe it or not, this article is getting a lot of possitive comments everywhere I have posted. That's good news - we seem to have a lot of believers.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Belief is good but why not upgrade to faith? Sitting around and believing hard won't mean anything unless you believe enough to get up and do something about it.

I don't mean to pick on you, but you need to keep yourself in context if you hope to make sense.

Firstly with your interpretations of belief and faith and what is required to attain and express them are your own and have not been explained for your statement to even attempt to be grasped by others as more than just "speaking to hear yourself do so".

Secondly, are you assuming those here who believe in what they are speaking are doing nothing towards their cause? You would have to for that part to make sense, and even it is out of context of the first sentence unless you are insinuating that work equals faith or something, which obviously you have not clarified.

Just constructive criticism, take it or leave it.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy