Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

is being too lazy to read the bible a sin?

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well not too lazy i want to but just have lots to do.. i mean eople tell me about jesus you have to acept him to go to heaven and not go to hell etc etc.. but jesus is just a name! anyone can say i believe in jesus and really believe in it.. but what are they beliving in??!?!? the name jesus!!?? casue all we know is a lil story... wooppss look s like two important qustions (instead of one) to this thread...

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Jesus is not just a name. What most people don't realise is that the story of Jesus doesn't end, He is still living in the people who have accepted His lordship. People who truly believe in Jesus believe in a living entity who will walk with them every step of the journey of life.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 40yrs • M •
ok so what if i believe in a living entity who will walk with me every step of the journey of life... but i dont believe its jesus i believe in the source(s) whatever it(s) may be (love deep in etc...) does that mean im going to og to hell cvasue im not openly (n possibly not that much interanlly) bwelieveing that its jesus (guy who i knoow a little bit of the story of)... i mean if it really is him then i guess im beliving in him and if its really correct and the religion is correct that you go to hell for not acceptning him.. will me (or anyone gop to hell for acce[pting the source (and not really confirming to it being jesus.. just something...?

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well, if it's just something, then what is it? i hate to tell you this, considering the point of the thread is that you dont have time to read the Bible, but...read the Bible. if you want to know who Jesus is, read the new testament gospels, Mathew through John. Jesus was a very real person, and this is clearly shown in those books. and also, dont do it because you're afraid of going to hell. all good things, all pleasure, come from God. if you know God, you will experience extraordinary pleasure. but dont do it because of that either. do it because it's worth it to know God.

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 40yrs • M •
yea well a big part of why it anyone would do it is for both those reasons! (one of those reasons may not be as strong as the other) why it owuld be worth it to know god..and to know god = thanks but also psyclogial comfort that can range from all degrees (man why'st it so hard not to sound too vague)

36yrs • F •
oftentimes they start to look at God for those reasons, but once they get to know God, they recognize that simply knowing Him is motivation enough in itself. that was a tad vague. explain what psycological comfort you are refering to

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
will me (or anyone gop to hell for acce[pting the source (and not really confirming to it being jesus.. just something...?

The key point to salvation is believing that Jesus Christ died and rose again to redeem you of your sins. If you don't believe that He specifically did it then what do you believe?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 40yrs • M •
ok so if i believe that Jesus Christ died and rose again (again still all i think of jesusu is that name kind of howhe looks and the story (Jesus Christ died and rose again.. etc).. so from gaining that knowledge from ugn top science forum.. is enough to redeem me (assuming i follow through and belive it as its said)..?? so i didnt have to read the bible to be reedeemed? and again since we can have a variety of mental images of 'jesus' its hard to believe that believing in what we believe of him will reddeem us.. but actaully thats better for another topic.. so ignore that and just what i said before is enough i guess..

oh and secret.. i didnt meani was being vague about being psycogicaly comforted (i can give amny obvious resaons now) i meant vagur more reffering to the degree part on actully the english language in gerenl to a degree hard to express so seems to comeout vague to the perciever that wasnt your own mind feeling with the motive to express it (that would know own feelings so wouldnt be vague to itslef)

36yrs • F •
in order to be saved you have to ask Jesus into your heart. if you do it sincerely, you will know very well whether He is there or not. How Jesus looks does not matter. at all. how you picture him is unimportant. you need to realize that you are a sinner, really realize it, realize you need a saviour, then ask that saviour in.

40yrs • M •
it feels sinfull to use jesus as an escape from your sins.. without being punished.. but i guess ev1 goe thru punish and pleasure or rather suffer and pleasure.. but so jesus im not sure about well maybe

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy