Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. - Susan Ertz
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Harry Potter #6 - Page 2

User Thread
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chrissie2006 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Attolia, we know why Malfoy talkd to Moaning Meartle, don't we? They kind of did explain it... it was when he was feeling really stressed and overwhelmed about....his task.

"Dont complain that roses have thorns. Instead, be thankful that thorns have roses."
 37yrs • M •
Celestino is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Going off a bit, i would defintely like to see Luna And Neville hook up in book 7. It would rock cuz Luna and Neville are my favorite characters. Woo. as for other stuff, well, I agree Harry is a sucky wizard. So, maybe their will be more training or perhaps when the...voldy's things go poof, voldy will be weaker?

"\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve been winning for the losers since 1990\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\""
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that spiderz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the reason y harry will beat him, is because otherwise wat wud b the point of havin so many books, if in the end fred or george did it. thatd b sooooooooo lame. that may b a shit reason but there u go.

"There is a thin line between bravery and stupidity"
 30yrs • M •
Markh is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I love them all and have read the latest one like 5 times

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My husband and I have both read the books and can't wait for the latest one, my kids love the films and at age 8 and 10 are both just starting to read the first two books. I think there's too much made of the philosophy behind this series, it is after all just a series of children's books, a good read for older kids, a bit scary for younger readers, but still for children.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sorceress, do not undermine children's' books. The underlying meanings in children's books are just as powerful as other forms of literature.

It would be awesome if someone other than Harry destroys Voldemort. Like Neville, Hermione, or Ron. Or maybe they'll combine forces and call Captain Planet or something.

I wish we could follow Malfoy throughout the series. Rowling should seriously write a second series based on Malfoy's perspectives. He's got a lot of dirt on the bad guys and has power too. Why are we always with the pitiful orphan boy who just happens to have supreme magical abilities anyway? What will happen to Malfoy after the series are over? Prison? Turns into good guy? Isolation? The next Bad Guy? From what happened in book 6, it seems like he might go into isolation. He's too insecure and leeches off the bigger bully.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Attolia I am in no way undermining children's books, I absolutely agree that children's books are a very important way to educate our children in every area, including creativity and imagination, as a mother, childminder and writer I love what books can offer young readers. My point is that people can read too much into such books, such people who seem to search for meaning in their own lives and look for it in everything they see in the media. It can be dangerous when these things take over someone's life.

I love Harry Potter almost as much as the The Narnia series, but lets see it for what it is, a really creative literary achievement not a major life-changing philosophical work.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well the book series was really good. But how is Harry an untrained wizard going to beat the most feared wizard of all time? Another hidden mysterious power? Hav you ever wondered if Dumbledore discovered a way to reverse the effect of the curtain thing in the bottom of the ministry? So instead of being sent to the other side you could come back? And who in the world got to Voldemorts Life shard thing before Dumbledor and Harry. Who is he/she? That and what happens to all of the other wizards in the books? Ron, Hermionee, Fred, George, Hogwarts students?

Ah well guess we just have to wait and see.

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
Harry Potter #6 - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy