The worst pain in life is when someone you know turns into someone you knew. - sweetygirl
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Trying to save money for a move back overseas

User Thread
 60yrs • M •
thaiteech is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
My wife is very close to her father who lives in Thailand, especially since her mother died several years ago (we met when I was teaching English over there). We have our own business, which we believe will be lucrative overseas, but we just don't have the funds or resources right now to make the move permanently. Noi is content right now to make trips a few months out of the year to be with him, but she is really anxious to be closer to him all year 'round, you know, as he is getting older and would liek to have his family nearer to him. I miss her so much when she's away, but since we are planning a move, we're trying to cut back on costs everywhere we can, and unfortunately, long distance phone calling is one of them. We were thinking of trying a phone card, or something like that, but, don't really know much about them. Any help would be appreciated!

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
get two cellphones that have unlimited calling between them.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 43yrs • F •
cruzorluz is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I would go with a calling card myself. You can get prepaid calling cards online, so you won't even have to go out to get one. They are usually cheap and easy to use. OneSuite.com doesn't even charge you anything to sign up, and it only costs $10 to keep it up. Not sure about the rates to Thailand, but the website is pretty easy to navigate. Cell phones would be nice, but usually there are high fees to call overseas, so I'd be wary of that.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy