Define freedom; but how is that possible when we as human beings have never experienced it? - zerokool
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

after death

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
after death
What do you guys believe happens when you die?
I have an interesting theory
Okay if thought is manifest (i.e.: if you imagine something it becomes real somewhere)
And when you die your life flashes before you everything you have ever done you come to a realization I have been a good or bad person, due to the fact we are all brainwashed since birth with the promises of eternal life or damnation you then imagine 'heaven' or 'hell' thus when your body finally gives its last your 'essence' travels to this place.

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have always heard stories of heaven or hell. but have always found these slightly worrying, and have heard them described as inventions designed to calm the fear of complete emptiness of non-existence after death.
I however feel that there being nothing after death, would be better. in nothingness there cannot be fear, pain illness. though there cannot be happiness or well being either, i still feel that it would preferable to having the equivilant of another life , no matter how far improved the standard of living is.
However the cynic in me always thought that reincarnation is the most likely, as a cruel joke, uve been through it all once, thought it was over, but instead u have to go through it all again, and depending whether or not u were good last time, u get to come back as something better or worse.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that A Distraction B is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
humans are so greedy to even think that theres anything after you die. it will be just like before you were born, you are an insignificant drop in the ocean, a drop that must accept death as an end

"you held my hem as I traveled blind listening to the whispering in my ear"
after death
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy