Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Drug Addiciton

User Thread
 46yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that kellyt23341 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Drug Addiciton
Have any of you ever had a drug problem? Or any addictions for that matter?? Have you or how did you overcome them? i am a recovering addict--no matter how much i dont use I still consider myself an addict. I can still be an addict but be a clean one--Im not ashamed to admit I had a problem with cocaine and I am trying to help anyone who thinks they may have a problem. I think addicts get looked down upon b/c some dont understand the addictive thinking we as addicts have. My biggest peeve is an addict who blames others for his/her drug use. I used to be that person--i'd say oh well such and such made me mad or I didnt feel good--thats bullcrap--I used b/c I wanted to use.. It is very hard for some to come out and even take the first step in admitting they have a problem. I'm sure some will always judge but my goal is to reach the person who has that question in the back of their head about whether or not you think you may have a problem. If you do you can overcome it. Feel free to contact me if you need a friend to talk to.

"If paybacks a bitch and revenge is sweet--Im the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet"
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i am an addict.....i am and was an addict of everything.....from sex to food to herion.....i did every drug i could get my hands on, herion is the one that really hooked me though, i haven't used drugs in over a year, and haven't done herion in 4 years, im proud of that, and i think it's cool of you to put yourself out there for anyone who might want to talk about it

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Sreru is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As with most addictions, your brain begins to associate pleasure/escape/resolution to those activities. The longer and most importantly, earlier you start with any such addictions, the harder it is to reprogram your mind to associate pleasure/escape/resolution to real and healthier things.

It's absolutely do-able, but those physiological synapses need to be re-aligned.

Drug Addiciton
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy