Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Question for the Ladies (guys too)

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
Krispy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
At what point does a guy friend become 'hands off'? I've noticed that after a certain point in a friendship, a lot of girls seem to become too emotionally invested to move on any attraction they might feel (out of fear of ruining the friendship, I guess). Whereas most guys (admit it) view any moving female as open season at any time, even if their higher functions stop them from doing anything about it. I guess my question is, if a girl is friends with you and not necessarily unattracted, what are the warning signs that the relationship is approaching the point of no return? It can be very difficult to get out of that 'just friends' designator. I know that doesn't mean the window of opportunity is shut and locked, but I'd rather not have to try and jimmy it open!

Situations like this are also very difficult for me because I've been burned a few times in the past, so now I always try to get to know the girl before I act on my feelings. I would greatly appreciate any advice.

""If a man takes no thought about what is distant, he will find sorrow near at hand." --Confucius"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
its extremely circumstantial. i think really the only time you would find a "point of no return" is if the woman has found somebody else. if she views you as a friend and only a friend, attempting a transition in to a relationship is very risky business. my best advice is that you keep female "friends" just as they are. starting a relationship with the intention of being more than just friends is a hell of a lot easier.

i am in the same boat as you. i have been burned and as a result like to be very cautious in the beginning. there are ways to make your intentions clear and still be cautious though.

with all that said, ill tell you something. as long as you take things slow enough you can be with just about anyone. if you slowly start behaving differently she will notice. it is such a fragile process that again i dont recommend at all. if you push to fast she will get very creeped out and possibly never speak to you again. but if you go very very slowly and communicate on a deep solid level you can expect to at least have a shot at something more than just a friendship. i managed to pull it off with a long time, very close friend of mine, but i honestly dont know how i got so lucky. we talked a lot before taking any steps. i did all kinds of little things to show how much i cared. it was a very tedious process to be honest. i can say with full confidence that it was worth it though.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont know...as a girl....there is a point where a guy becomes a good friend and thats it.....one of my best friends is a male, and he is very good looking, he's even my "type" but i could never even imagine being with him like that....we're just to good of friends, it would be awkward and feel creepy, sort of like making out with my brother...the best i can tell you is to let her know your interested...if she wants to go there with the relationship she'll let you know....i mean, you can usually tell if someone is interested in more than a friendship

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy