Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

NDE's--

User Thread
 46yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that kellyt23341 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
NDE's--
Has anyone had any near death experiences or out-of body experiences?? If so what was it like? Do you beleive in reincarnation? Opinions please[b]

"If paybacks a bitch and revenge is sweet--Im the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont know exactly what you can define as a "near death" experience. does certain death have to be immenent? or can you simply believe that certain death is immenent? i think the terror is the same in both cases. ive had my fair share of these experiences, once involving a flight of stairs, once involving my inability to swim, once involving a very angry horse. perhaps a few others ive forgotten at the moment. each time was as if time stood still. each time i felt a certain calmness about myself and yet i was overwhelmed by thoughts and emotions. each time i knew i was a goner, and yet here i am.

i have had several out of body experiences through meditation. i feel as if i am on an entirely different plane of exsistence.

ive also had an out of body experience due to my heart stopping for five minutes. this felt much different from the experiences of meditation. i have attempted to explain it to several people but have pretty much given up on it now. sorry. its unexplainable.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
reincarnation...well, in a way i belive in it.......i belive that when we die we become one with the "collective soul" that we becaome that feeling you get when your looking at a sunset or seeing something beautiful take place....i belive we become part of every living thing and that energy is drawn from this one ness of energey to create new life.....so in a way i do belive we are reincarnated

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Two near-death experiences, the first being at fourteen when durign a race, my go-kart lost traction around a turn and flipped, I didn't have a roll bar on the thing and I hit the pavement at around 60, thank god for padded fire suits, but I was out cold for about twenty minutes, when I came to, the only injury I suffered was second-degree burns on my lower back and road rash on my arms and stomach. Yeah, that scared the crap out of me. With near-death experiences, you tend to attempt to cover up the seriousness of the situation- when they put me in the ambulance, I was laughing for no reason.
Second one involved a log pile- that one could easily have killed me, all I remember is lying on the ground and seeing the end of a log stick into the earth about a foot away from my head.
I don't belive in reincarnation, I am somewhat of an Athiest and pretty based in Science, the whole consciouness thing does intregue me, though, I'll read up on it.

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
NDE's--
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy