Remember, remember, the fifth of November, the gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot - Hugo Weaving as "V"
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Last Sermon Of The Prophet Muhammad (P)

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
Pharaoh is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
This sermon was delivered on the Ninth Day of Dhul Hijjah 10 A.H. in the 'Uranah valley of Mount Arafat' (in Mecca).

After praising, and thanking Allah he said:

"O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and TAKE THESE WORDS TO THOSE WHO COULD NOT BE PRESENT HERE TODAY.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your LORD, and that HE will indeed reckon your deeds. ALLAH has forbidden you to take usury (interest), therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived. Your capital, however, is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer any inequity. Allah has Judged that there shall be no interest and that all the interest due to Abbas ibn 'Abd'al Muttalib (Prophet's uncle) shall henceforth be waived...

Beware of Satan, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under Allah's trust and with His permission. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to be unchaste.

O People, listen to me in earnest, worship ALLAH, say your five daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadan, and give your wealth in Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to.

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.
Remember, one day you will appear before ALLAH and answer your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.
O People, NO PROPHET OR APOSTLE WILL COME AFTER ME AND NO NEW FAITH WILL BE BORN. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the QURAN and my example, the SUNNAH and if you follow these you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness, O ALLAH, that I have conveyed your message to your people".

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
NO PROPHET OR APOSTLE WILL COME AFTER ME AND NO NEW FAITH WILL BE BORN.

I'm guessing this is the reason you are posting this, seeing it's capitalized.

I've always wondered, what is "AH"

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 39yrs • M •
Pharaoh is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I posted this because the prophet said "All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again..."

Have you heard about a successful prophet came after prophet Muhammad (PBUH)?

AH means Anno hegirae
Hegira or Hijra is the departure of the prophet Muhammad from Mecca in Sept., 622.

read the following verse
9:40. If ye help not (your leader), (it is no matter): for Allah did indeed help him, when the Unbelievers drove him out: he had no more than one companion; they two were in the cave, and he said to his companion, "Have no fear, for Allah is with us": then Allah sent down His peace upon him, and strengthened him with forces which ye saw not, and humbled to the depths the word of the Unbelievers. But the word of Allah is exalted to the heights: for Allah is Exalted in might, Wise.

"... the Prophet was hunted out of Makkah and performed his famous Hijrat. His enemies plotted for his life. He had already sent his followers on to Madinah. Ali (the cousin of the prophet) had volunteered to face his enemies in his house. His single companion was Abu Bakr. They two concealed themselves in the cave of Thaur, three miles from Makkah, for three nights, with the enemy prowling around in great numbers in fruitless search of them. "We are but two," said Abu Bakr. "Nay," said Muhammad, "for Allah is with us." Faith gave their minds peace, and Allah gave them safety. They reached Madinah, and a glorious chapter opened for Islam. The forces that helped them were not seen, but their power was irresistible." Yusuf Ali's Commentary

[  Edited by Pharaoh at   ]
 64yrs • M •
quote:
Have you heard about a successful prophet came after prophet Muhammad (PBUH)?

Don't know for sure. There are some who could be called a prophet, who have been called a prophet, but they themselves disclaimed that.

I don't believe Joseph Smith was a prophet.

I might believe in the first Muhammad - but I don't beleive in the second one who waged war on his world.

Thank you for explaining AH for me.

I started reading the Koran but I don't believe I got to that verse you quoted, maybe I should have kept reading.

The Koran refers to or talks about other books. Are those books still around and what are they?

39yrs • M •
I don't know what you are taking about? What I have understood from you is that there were two Muhammads. The first preached a certain religion the second is the one who preached Islam right?
If my guessing is true then please listen to the following.
- There was no Muhammad before the prophet of Islam. Before him none had that name. Otherwise, what was the tribe of the 1st Muhammad? What was his birth year? The place of his birth? The number of people who followed him? Where are his followers nowadays?

To disbelieve or believe in the prophet Muhammad is your decision and you are free. But to say that the prophet Muhammad (P) waged war against his world this is wrong. It is true to say that his world waged war against him not the opposite.

You should know that the mission of the prophet was 23 years. He preached Islam for 13 years in Mecca and 10 years in Madinah. Do you know what happened to the prophet and his followers in Mecca?

1) From the 1st year to the end of the 3rd year of his mission

In the beginning the prophet preached secretly among his relatives and friends. The first man to become a Muslim was his closest friend Abu Bakr and the first woman was his beloved wife Khadeejah. Soon a small group of Muslims formed. They had to pray secretly because they feared from the people of Mecca. At the end of the 2nd year, people begin to hear about the new religion. Once while muslims were praying, some of the Quraish (people of Mecca) tried to stop them from praying

2) From the 4th year tell the end of 6th year

After 3 years from the beginning of the prophet's mission had passed, God ordered his messenger to preach publicly.
The insults of the unbelievers increased as the number of Muslims increase. Once the prophet was sitting near to Safa (a mountain in Mecca) Abu jahl (one of the enemy of Islam) saw the prophet. He approached from the prophet and swore and cursed him then he hurled a stone and wounded the prophet on his head. They didn't abuse only the prophet but also they agonized a lot of Muslims. This make any one converts to Islam hide that he became a Muslim.

Some ways of agonizing and torture the Muslims
- Some Muslims were cast into fire.
- A hot heavy stone was being placed upon the chest of old Muslims then the unbelievers beat the Muslim untill he disbelieve or die. Most of Muslims endured the agonizing until they dead.
- The uncle of Uthman (Uthman was the 3rd Caliph in Islam) tied him and whipped him to apostate from Islam but he refused.
- Zubayr-bin-Al Awwam was rolled in a mat and forced to inhale smoke until he suffocated.
- Abu jahl killed Sumayya [I won't tell you how he killed her]
Because of persecutions of the unbelievers a group of Muslims had to flee to Abyssinia (Ethiopia). This is the 1st departure (the 1st Hijrah). The 1st hijrah took place in the 5th year of the prophethood. Another group of Muslims fled to Abyssinia in the 6th year from the beginning of the prophet's mission (the 2nd hijrah).

3) From the 7th year to 10th year

In addition to the oppression of idolaters against Muslims, they boycotted the Muslims. They wrote a charter. The charter included the prohibition of: associating or greeting any Muslim; marriage with a Muslim; socializing; buying and selling; the supply of any kind of food. Thus from the 7th year to the 10th year Muslims suffered severe hardship, starvation and privacy. Muslims had to eat leaves of trees.

4) From the 11th year to the 13th year

The prophet decided to preach Islam for the people of Ta'if (a town near to Mecca). They taunted him. They incited their slaves and the children to pelt the prophet with dirt, pebbles and stones. He was bleeding so profusely that the blood from his body ran down into his sandals and clotted up in his feet. God send an angel to the prophet. The angel offered to bring down a whole mountain on the town but the prophet refused and instead, prayed that one day all the people of Ta'if would become Muslims.

At the end of the 11th year, the war between Aus and Khazraj of Madinah (2 Arabian tribes) had ended. The end of the war between the 2 tribes means that a lot of people will come from Madinah to perform their pilgrimage to Mecca [most of the sacred places of idolaters of Arabia existed in Mecca]. The prophet used this opportune to preach Islam to the pilgrims. 6 men from the Khazraj tribe accepted Islam. At the end of the 12th year, 12 more people from the Khazraj converted to Islam. The prophet sent Mus'ab- bin -Umayr to preach Islam in Madinah. A lot of people (in madinah) became Muslims and Islam spread rapidly.

In the 13th year a deputation was sent by Muslims of madinah to request the prophet to migrate with them to Madinah. They knew that the Quraish won't leave the prophet even if he departed from mecca so they made a covenant with him. They pledged on the hand of the prophet that they will sacrifice their lives to protect him and Islam, as they would their wives and children. The brophet sent his followers on to Madinah (the 3rd hijrah). All the Muslims of Makkah had departed except the prophet, Abu Bakr and Ali. The people of Mecca decided to kill the prophet. One youth from each clan was chosen to set upon the prophet so that the Banu Hashim would not be able to hold any particular Quraish clan responsible for his death. The angel Gabriel forewarned the prophet of the intention of the unbelievers. Ali slept in the prophet's bed while Abu Bakr and the prophet left Mecca unnoticed and took refuge in the Cave of Thoor which was about seven kilometers from Mecca. The prophet had also instructed Ali to return all the goods and property, which he had held in trust, to the rightful owners. The prophet reached Madinah as I said before.

Thus were the first 13 years of the prophet' mission. Till now who waged war against the other? I would like to know your comment before I tell you what happened in Madinah.

Let's read the following verses

1) the prophet didn't force anyone to embrace Islam

2:256. Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.

10:99. If it had been thy Lord's will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth! wilt thou then compel mankind, against their will, to believe!

2) who waged war against the other?

22:39. To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid;-
22:40. (They are) those who have been expelled from their homes in defiance of right,- (for no cause) except that they say, "our Lord is Allah". Did not Allah check one set of people by means of another, there would surely have been pulled down monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques, in which the name of Allah is commemorated in abundant measure. Allah will certainly aid those who aid his (cause);- for verily Allah is full of Strength, Exalted in Might, (able to enforce His Will).

"22.40:
C2817. To allow a righteous people to fight against a ferocious and mischief-loving people was fully justified. But the justification was far greater here, when the little Muslim community was not only fighting for its own existence against the Makkan Quraish, but for the very existence of the Faith in the One True God. They had as much right to be in Makkah and worship in the Ka'ba as the other Quraish; yet they were exiled for their Faith. It affected not the faith of one peculiar people. The principle involved was that of all worship, Jewish or Christian as well as Muslim, and of all foundations built for pious uses." Yusuf Ali's Commentary

3) in the following verse God incites the muslim to fight the Quraish people because they wanted to expel the prophet from Madinah

9:13. Will ye not fight people who violated their oaths, plotted to expel the Messenger, and took the aggressive by being the first (to assault) you? Do ye fear them? Nay, it is Allah Whom ye should more justly fear, if ye believe!

"9. 13:
C1261. The argument now takes a new turn. An appeal is made to the Muslims on various grounds: (1) the shameless disregard of treaties by the enemy, (2) the under-hand plots to discredit the Holy Prophet, and turn him out of Madinah as he had been turned out of Makkah, (3) the aggressive taken by the Quraish and their confederates in Madinah after the treaty of Hudaibiya (A.H. 6, Zul-qa'dah. Feb. 628), (4) the manly attitude that fears Allah rather than men, and (5) the need to prove our sincere faith by test and trial and struggle and sacrifice (ix 16)." Yusuf Ali's Commentary

4) When are Muslims permitted to fight against the unbelievers?
60: 8. Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just.
60: 9. Allah only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith, and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) in driving you out, from turning to them (for friendship and protection). It is such as turn to them (in these circumstances), that do wrong.

" 60. 8:
C5421. Even with Unbelievers, unless they are rampant and out to destroy us and our Faith, we should deal kindly and equitably, as is shown by our holy Prophet's own example." Yusuf Ali's Commentary

References:
1) the biography of the prophet by Ibn Hisham
2) the interpretation of the holy Koran by Ibn Kathir
3) Yusuf Ali translation of the holy Koran

[  Edited by Pharaoh at   ]
 64yrs • M •
You speak of turture. There was a lot of it going around. When three men board an air plane and crash into the twin towers and say this is for Ala in the name of Islam. One can only discredit Islam for this if they are willing to discredit Christianity as well.

It seems people will do awful things in the name of their God, believing that if your not with us, you're against us, like Bushco.

The Gnostics were wiped out completely. Babies were left hanging on speares. Why, because they believed in two gods, a false one and a true one.

In Genises and in other scriptures it talks about how God was sorry he created us, it is obviouse we are a mistake. We destroy our world and destroy each other and think we have a right to.

But I believe in religion. I believe in God. I believe in evil, and I believe it is possible to take the truth and mix it with evil and create something awful, whether that be Jew, Christian or Islam. Even the non believers (communists have been evil), torturing those who would believe in God.

I appreciate the history lesson, and please continue. I was hoping someone would come in here and teach us about Islam.

At first I thought there was one Mohammad, then I restudied and thought I discovered two, and now you tell me there is one. I'm going to have to visit that again.

But I thought that the first was the prophet, (Jesus Returned) and the second wrote the Koran and spread Islam.

Are there other books, or is the Koran referring to what we call the bible.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Quran makes it an articles of faith to believe that jesus and moses were prophets of God, as well as their books, the Bible and Torah. There is only one true religion, and christianity, jewish and Islam ar different stages of that religion.
and ummm, I don't actually understand what you mean by the two Muhammad thing-lol! No there was only one prophet of Islam. He recieved an angel when he was forty, and since then started to preach Islam

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 64yrs • M •
quote:
I don't actually understand what you mean by the two Muhammad thing-lol

I'll have to get back to you on that.

I put this in my favorites

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy