Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

As soon as I think I'm out th pull me back in

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How come every time you think that your over something, done wasting time on it, it comes back..

When I "let it go" so to say.. it's gone.. poof.. not bothering me.. (for the time being)

see i can assure you that in a month or perhaps even a whole year it finds it's way back into my mind..

does this mean we can never truthfully forgive?

also on the same note this is the very reason i don't know what i want.. for example i'm a drummer, i played in my high school line.. i thought i would never play drums after high school, but then after a few months i changed my mind.. now im trying out for a college drumline.. and im bAck in the mood to drum...?

one moment im saying never agian.. the next im saying hell yeah

there are many of instances where this has happened too.. like in sports, lifting, girls, the list goes on and on..

i would like to know the right path.. meaning there aren't any options.. but how?

.......................every road will come to a fork................

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
your problem is no matter what you do you arent satisfied. if you said to yourself you were done with something, then damnit you are done with it. but why should you ever say this to yourself? i say, keep all options open at all times.

if you got all the satisfaction out of something that you possibly could, then you would actually stop it. i dont see that happening with anything really, people dedicate their lives to things such as drumming and continue to get satisfaction from it year after year.

there is no "right" path. we all make mistakes, we all want more out of life. just learn as much as you can and always have fun.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i agree with wyote here......why limit yourself by saying your done or that you're never going to do something again....in the manner of forgiving and feelings....you may forgive something but your mind doesnt just forget so your bound to think of it again,if it's something you have truely dealt with you'll just let it pass, but, if you havent really resolved the feeling or situation yet, then i think this is your minds way of telling you that you need to really think about this and face it or fix it

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 39yrs • M •
Rozo is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Build your resolve, root it iin your personal ethics about what you want in life, what you value, what kind of relationship you want with God and people.
Forgiveness will come through trying.
You'll always be at war with yourself, accept that and don't listen to every impulse.

But mainly for you develop your resolve or you will never be happy in life.

"Love is a circle, Jump in"
 49yrs • F •
BILLIE is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I am such a free spirited person i think that of course to change my mind constantly is ordinary. i am known to do things on the spur of the moment and to not take anything seriously at all. I sometimes want to get serious and change my ways but it seems like the moment i take two steps forward i get pulled four steps back. I think it is weakness of the mind on my part and immaturity. I know what i have to do and bottom line if i have not done it is simply because i dont care to at the moment.

"smoke a beer and drink a stogge"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy