Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Attempting to balance philosophy withother intrest

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
this may be a supid thread.. but i was wondering if anyone thught of if they focused on an intrest they had (not philosophy or directly realted to it) would you be afraid that you would loose your philosophical way of thinking? casue i love philosphy and i really want to do smoethings with it.. but i also have at least one other goal i want to do (document another intrest i had since young), and alos even things like playing the girl guy game fouced on your personality etc.. hopefull philosphy wont be pushed out of the focus too much (casue our focus is limited).. on the other hand maybe the more you experience the better for your philosphy.. and just as long as you keep that mind habbit fluent i guess.. since many here probly had a hread start to that (althou obviously eevryoine is a philospher to a degree).. but anyway just wanted to know some thoughts on that..

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
delving into other feats only strengthens your philosophical side. people should be, and are multi-faceted.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that xxxxchelseaxxxx is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Philosophy is a tricky one. Its very hard to maintain one view point because as you grow and experience new things it becomes harder to maintain one way of thinking especially without being accused having a 'pigeon holed' outlook. But growing and learning in the end is the best thing for a philosophical mind because it allows you to expand your theories on life and become a more well rounded and insightful being ..just my two cents

"wit is only educated insolence"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have allways said that the first rule of philosophy should be "that the only thing one can know for certain is nothing at all". This of course makes it very hard to beleive in anything. And as was mentioned by chelsea as we grow wiser our philosophys allways change. But hope is all we have. We can in the end find no true base. What we can do is hope. Even if that's nothing. But why live in the sad. I'ts best to "live" for the good things. And love philosophy even though it won't answer our questions, because nothing is more important then the study of thought, and soul.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
but you can still come up with perhaps origional theorises and reasionign (evenin skeptisicim) but for other areas of philosphy as well and come up with answers ven if not absolute/solid in a sense

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 39yrs • M •
absoulty.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well, it helps to think deeply about things every now and then, cuz frm my experiance, there have been times when I became totally into goin out, havin stuipid fun etc, that I would not even consider going to captaincynic while I was on da web. On the other hand, if u think constantly all day, ur mind is goin 2 get screwed up, so have a balance, remeber the all work and no play thingy

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 39yrs • M •
I find that this is a true but hard rule to follow. Personally that is.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy